Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pleasant Little Surprise In The Newspaper

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

If there is one thing in this world that gets me more worked up than anything else besides walking vaginal cavities trying to walk all over folks, it's those folks out on the road that are unable to comprehend the meaning of flashing red and blue lights on top of a car sitting on the side of the road.

This is in today's Daily Oklahoman.

I am amazed by the fact that a lot of people are 1. not aware of this particular law and 2. so wrapped up in whatever they are doing at the time that they come so close as to having our uniforms rip off due to the wind of their vehicles.

What amazes me even more is that The State of Oklahoma doesn't publicize this law. Very few people are aware of it. A little more publicity sure wouldn't hurt.

2. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

That's one of the first things I noticed aboot Idahoans, they do pull over when lights are flashing. Be it PD, FD, or EMS.

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Since the roads up here are so narrow you have pass in oncoming lane. I've seen a ton of cops getting hit on those police programs. :(

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

here they slow down to a crawl to make sure that the entire interstate system is jammed back to the next state, but they don't change lanes.

5. burban89

burban89 1/2 ton status

We have the same law in Ohio, but NO-ONE pays attention to it.

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

same law in Oregon. You have to move over. semis are exempt though.

I saw a sting in the Portland area once. they were a car pulled over with a cop behind it with the lights going. It was an unmarked car that was "pulled over" the next corner of the highway there were 5 police on motorcycles waiting to pull those over that didn't move over.

7. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

It's friggin common sense. I move over if there is ANYONE on the shoulder, why crowd them if you have the extra lane? We've all seen the numbnuts changing his tire with 60% of his body in the lane too, you never know what kind of dumbass is gonna hop out of that car right when you pass by it.

I have noticed that everyone here pulls over for emergency vehicles en route, not so much in Denver though.

8. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Yeah that law is in effect around here too, TONS of people arent aware I generally get over as much as i can and ususually slow down quite a bit to.

9. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Apparently some people are not born with that quality anymore..

10. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Yeah regardless if its a law or not it should be done for safety and courtesy sake, I do it if possible everytime...

11. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

I do it anyways.

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I had no idea there was such a law. The high speed roads here are generally pretty wide, so any officer in a traffic stop is usually kinda away from the high speed traffic.

13. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

It makes sense to get over a lane when anybody is on the shoulder - breakdowns, flat tires, big rigs, yuppie bike trains, etc. The fact that people don't pay attention to emergency lights on a vehicle just demonstrates how f'n stupid most drivers are these days.

14. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

it's a law that got alot of attention here in Mich.now the dumbasses almost wreck each other trying to get over to the left.:rolleyes: when all they have to do is slow down.

15. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

In GA its move over if possible or slow to 10 mph below the posted speed limit.

16. TexasBlazerBoy

TexasBlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Yup, key words right there.

17. hammermachine

hammermachine 1/2 ton status

Troopers

Here in the Great State of New Jersey the State Troopers don't even walk over on the driver's side anymore. They angle their crusier, get out and walk up on the passanger's side of the stopped car. I don't know if it's national or not but they started a while ago here. I don't blame them I wouldn't want to get clipped either.

18. TexasBlazerBoy

TexasBlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

A lot of them are doing that down here in Tx.

I wonder if they would get pissed if you parked your vehicle at an angle, like they do?:D Hmmmmmmm? I am sure a response isn't to far away.:wink1:

19. blowedupmotor87

blowedupmotor87 1/2 ton status Premium Member

We just got the "slow down or move it on over" law down here in NC about a year ago. It makes good sense regardless of who may be on the shoulder.

20. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I get over when I can. I used to do road service and know what its like to stand on the side of a busy highway with people zipping by at 80 mph. Everybody speeds but if you are going fast enough to get pulled over you deserve it. everyone else should give the cop the room he NEEDS and DESERVES.

I am not sure if there is law about this but there should be. I see to many people breaking dumb laws that are basically common sense. Recently PA put signs everywhere saying "wipers on, lights on! its the law." which basically tells me there are a million idiots that drive around in the rain with there lights off.:doah: