Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pleasant Surprise

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BurbLover, Nov 17, 2003.

1. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

So about two weeks ago I buy this 85 K30 for $1800. I test drove it and checked out the axles. Looked like new and ran pretty well. Also hade a fresh rebuild on the 350 and looked it.

Anyway, it was nice this weekend so I decided to go through it. Changed the t-case, tranny, oil, front diff, & air filter. Ran out of time for the rear diff. Will try to fit that in this week some time. Runs 100% better know.

While I was under it, I discovered it had a 205. (Someday this'll make a good doubler.) I had been told it was a 208. Also discovered it has 4.56 gears. The little tag was still on the front diff cover. Upon inspecting the front gears, they look brand new.

Now, maybe I'll get real lucky and find a locker in the rear /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just figured somebody else might think this was a cool find.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif (I have toooooo many vehicles.)

Also, 83 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif 4 sale!!!

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

And here I thought I got a good buy on mine for 1500. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Cool find for you! Good luck and have fun.

Allan