Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL GUYS! DONT PULL ONE OF THESE.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigjblazer, Apr 8, 2003.

1. bigjblazer

bigjblazer Registered Member

Look at my webshots under k-5 rollover. Dont want any of yall to end up like that. My friend and I came out of it ok, we both had our belts on, but it coulda been a whole helluva lot worse. It happened sunday morning, when some tacoma, slammed his brakes on, on purpose, at a green light, and made me swerve around him and while trying to recover, she rolled once, and landed on all fours. Its real scary rollin at 40 MPH. Hope none of yall ever have to do it. Ive learned so much from this board, now hopefully i can learn how to do a body swap, cause the drivetrain and running gear is still ok. Specially that new 350 we just put in a month ago. Just wanted to let yall see what its like so maybe it could help yall be safer.
    -Justin

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifno more, least i still got the /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif
    webshots- http://community.webshots.com/user/guitarjam6

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Glad that you're OK! Good luck with the tub swap... </font>

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Next time some dumb ass rice driver pulls that crap on ya...ram him hard. Then have him charged for recklessly endangering your life.

Sorry to hear about the K5...

Rene

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

glad you are ok /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i would do what Rene said and just hit him next time /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I have a 9mm in the console for jokers like that
    [ QUOTE ]
    when some tacoma, slammed his brakes on, on purpose

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to hear everyone came out OK. Did you beat the guy in the other truck once you where upright?

6. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

A good bud of mine is a CHP,told me many times to not swerve around anything cause you will roll most of the time...to just aim for it and hit it...

7. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Hopefully the FartNocker Stoped to help you... Did you kick his @ss.

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Glad your ok

8. bigjblazer

definaley woulda wooped some ass if he stopped, bu they just took off, im pretty sure thats trucks from around here, had GA plates. Ill be at the accident site this sunday at 6 waitin on his sorry ass. Not sure if i should go for the vigilante justice, or take the proper measures through law enforcement.

9. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Looks like its time for the SAWZALL and a Tube Body just get rid of the body and have tub bars everywhere like a sniper. dont hit the ****er cuz then youll be charged with following to close and reckless driving not them all they have to say is there was a Kid out by the road or a dog or a deer or ETC..... just try to brake into a ditch.

10. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A 9mm, what are you going to do....pit his windshield??!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

sounds pretty childish, but, if you see his truck again, get his license plate number, Or follow him home, so you know where he lives, but dont get seen, Then find the right time to go over to his house at night, poke a hole in his rear diff, drain the fluid, then forget about it, im sure its spendy to replace the rear diff's in one of those things.

by the way, if all you can do is get his license plate number, the DMV will give you his address if you give them the license plate number.

12. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Damn Dude!!!!

That looks scary! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

We're all really glad to see you guys didn't get hurt after such an accident!
    Count yer blessings man. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

13. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

if the guy in the toy left then that is admision of guilt. Find him and he will have to pay for damge done to your K-5 becouse he didnt have to stop and he left the scene of an acident which is as good as admision of guilt.

14. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Man! glad your ok.
    Keith had a 88 tub for sale compete with interrior before X-Mas. Don't know if he still has it. It was perfect though. Not sure if he has a clip for it and it was sitting on a bent frame.
    I have a 79 for sale. I'm willing to horse trade on it. I wouldn't mind keeping the engine and tranny out of it and working a deal.
    It's in the For sale forum.

Where did that happen?

15. DwarF

DwarF 1/2 ton status

I am glad you are ok as well. From experience, I can tell you that you should not seek vigilante justice, no matter how satisfing it would be. This guy left the scene of a crime when he ran. If you can track him down to do vigilante justice, then you can give that information over to the police. I ran into a similar situation. I followed the long, drawn out, frustrating legal system. A year after I was pissed and figured I just have just kicked his ass, it did get taken to court. It will cost him the price of a lawyer at a minimum, and if found guilty, will go on his record if this guy has a history of doing this type of thing. Your case would be tried by a DA, or Assistant DA, so it will cost you nothing. If you do something, and get caught, you could end up with a record youself, and the above mentioned price of a lawyer.

It's not like TV, it is slow, drawn out, un-exciting, but it will definitely catch up with him and cost him much more than a rear axle freezing up on him.

16. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A 9mm, what are you going to do....pit his windshield??!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the truth. All hail the big bores. Pistols and engines.

/forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

17. bigjblazer

Grim, it happened over by kennesaw mtn. In front of that bill and loiuses restaurant where the road forks to the right. so left, theres a huge ditch, right theres telephone polls and a restaurant, then back left there was an open field. At least i went into the field. BTW it was a silver Tacoma, new body style with 3 or four stickers in the back window, mostly on the left side, and there was one in the bottom left corner, that was about 4 inches square, and predominantly red. It was also the kind that sits up a lil higher from the factory, just in case anyone on here is from around the kennesaw/acworth area.

18. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

sorry about your blazer man. glad your ok. and good luck with catching the basterd!

19. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Right up the road from me. I live off Chastain. Keith off 92 and 61.
    I thought I had seen your truck before when I was looking in your webshots.
    Looked at those pictures again and unless the truck is sitting on something so it's not level I think the frame is tweeked.

20. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

Been there done that /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. Check out my webshots to see my rollover. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Heres one pic:

[​IMG]

And now:

[​IMG]

Don
    /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif