Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Please confirm or deny this for me....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SlicksInRain, Apr 22, 2007.

1. SlicksInRain

SlicksInRain 1/2 ton status

When lifting six inches does the transmission has to be tilted down towards the ground? I thought it was the driveshaft. Do you need to cut away at the fenders if you put anything above 35 inches dispite having a lift? Is there really a problem with making left hand turns with a lift and theres a mod I must do and don't know about? :confused:

Thank you.

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

With a 6" lift you will need to correct pinion angle and most people try to drop the trans case by using shims between the frame and crossmember.

I have an 8" lift and with my 35's can stuff the tires into the back sides of the front fenders so i'm going to say cutting fenders may be required.

You will need to re-adjust the draglink after the lift is installed and you should have some form of steering correction as well (dropped draglink, dropped pitman arm, raised steering arm). The best mod is to go crossover steering but it isn't the cheapest method but it is the best method.

3. smalltowncowboy

smalltowncowboy 1/2 ton status

cutting the fenders all depends on what kind of wheeling your gonna be doing. if your mostly or strictly mud then no you dont need to cut yourt fenders. if your trying to get flex you can either cut your fenders or smash them with the tires (i suggest cutting).

4. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

If you drop your transfercase tail down, remember your going to hurt your front driveshaft angle just that much more also

5. SUPERSUB87

SUPERSUB87 1/2 ton status

um degree shims???? for the leaves. thats what most lift kits come with so the driveline angles are closer to stock.

6. smalltowncowboy

smalltowncowboy 1/2 ton status

or you can go with a shackle flip and 2 inch lift springs