Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

please consolidate your posts

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by Seventy4Blazer, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

as it says above. a bunch of folks are putting 3+ posts for a bunch of little things. some of wich are common items.
    Thanks.
    Grant

2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Re: please DON\'T consolidate your posts

No, please DON'T. When someone posts a title like "Cleaning out the garage" you need to click on it to see what is for sale. If its in the title people know if there is something intresting w/o having to click on it. Please continue to list seperatly.

3. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Re: no, i won\'t LOL

well, since this prolly aimed at me, i would have to say i agree with bigjbear, i list things seperately so people can just look at the heading and see if they are interested; didn't we have this debate within the past year about whether or not to consolidate in one of the forums (this one i believe) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Re: NO MORE JUNK!

I agree- don't consolidate- but within reason.

I do however have a different complaint about the For Sale board though. IMO, I dont believe non GM related JUNK should be posted here. I really dont think we should be posting up flea market/garage sale crap.

5. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

well maybe i could/should have put all the tires in one post, but on the newer ones i did list the sizes in the heading, and i stuck them here even though they are not full sets in case someone needed a spare or one to replace a ruined one /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Don't consolidate...don't even think about it. You got tire's then list em, if you got a hard top list it seperatly. Period...

7. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

The forum rules say to consolidate them, but I personally don't agree. As far as flea market crap, Steve himself has said it's fine to post anything at all up for sale on this board. If you notice when people post computer stuff and misc. up for sale in OT, it gets moved to FS, not deleted. Maybe sub-forums are the answer.

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

possibly an off-topic for sale items board would be good ? like vehicles other than GM trucks, and items other than said parts ? things get lost real fast in the general off-topic board, heh

dunno... hmm...

9. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

I'm wondering if this should even be an issue since the decision to only allow paying member to post. I hit this forum twice a day and can say at most, there are only 7 new posts a day. Is it really too much for folks to scroll through? This would certainly be an issue on the Pirate board where your post is 3 pages back by the afternoon, but not here /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Eric M.