Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Please explain the difference between divorced and married t-cases to me

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Paxx, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Exactly what the heading says. I have no idea what the difference is between the two and I would like to learn /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

Divorced is where the tcase is not directly mounted to the trans. It is connected via drive shaft.

Here is a pic of one. Yes, I know, it's a Ford /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    [​IMG]

3. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Ok that's pretty simple now. What would be the benefits of doing this? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yes, I know, it's a Ford /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's ok us Chevy guys are required to make examples out of Fords now and again /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

longer front drive shaft, they are practical for trucks. In a blazer it would make both shafts too short, so you'd need a high-angle front & rear with any amount of lift.

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

The main advantage (to me anyway)is it lets you put ANY tranny on Gods green earth in front of it,with the appropriate driveshaft--no having to use a hard to get 4wd "only" tranny that bolts directly to the T-case with an adaptor.

Hmmm--I have a TH400 out of a monte carlo with the short tail,and I have a K20 with no reverse in its th350--wonder how hard it would be to move my NP205 back and hook up the TH400 to it-- /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Anyone done one like that???? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif