Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Please forgive me but it was such a great deal

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by slyguy_22, Mar 20, 2007.

1. slyguy_22

slyguy_22 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

ok so on a whim today i opened the paper and flip threw and came across this add "1985 Ford F350 V8 4spd 4x4. $750.00" so ive kinda been looking for a new tow vehicle so what the hell i call. Turns out i bought a ford. srry.
    its a F350 4x4 Dually. 460ci. 4spd. Dump bed plow truck! dump bed is shot. (didnt really want a dump bed any how. flat bed will suit me fine.) cab is decent runs fine. good tread, well at least 6 months worth. oh and it also came with a fully functional 7.5ft plow! turns out the truck was an old county plow truck. i almost felt guilty payin the guy. frames a bit rusty and could use some repairs nothing major though. besides i have this new miller welder to play with.

This weekend im gona put an sm465 behind my 406sbc. should be fun. since my k5 is an automatic trans. nothing a lil hacking and such wont fix. hopefully ill have it all together by next weekend so i can start working on my tow vehicle.:D