Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Please help! full size jimmy '90 - sat for 2 years w/ out starting

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bjg, Aug 3, 2005.

1. bjg

bjg Newbie

Jun 5, 2002
    Got a mostly stock (sorry!) 1990 gmc jimmy w/ 350 tbi.
    in doing repairs - new radiator and other small items - the starter went. ran out of money at the time to get it back and running, and well, there it sat.

I need to get the vehicle out from where it is now, But *hate* to scrap it - dont think i can get much for selling as parts as I wont piece it out, but was wondering how much damage might have happend engine / drivetrane/ tranny ect. for not moving in 2 years?

{{ I can not replace the starter myself, as the &*@#'ng thing wont fit out - have eddlebroc tes headers and the frame is right there kinda just boxing it in - so dont know how if this is worth fixing for "one last run" - or how ever long she'll go - floor boards and body rustin pretty bad too.}}

But yeah, any suggestions as I really don't know if its worth more to me, or someone trying to fix up something else and needing parts.
    Thanks in advance!

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Jan 24, 2003
    there are probably only 6-8 header bolts holding the header on, then place a couple 2-3 inch long bolts in their place just as guides and then use a pry bar to "eze" the header out the way. get to it!