Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN !

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by riz, Oct 18, 2000.

1. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>I've asked this a couple times already lately and realy need to know within the next couple days....Does anybody run the new ProComp Mud Terrains ? I'd like to know if they are worth it or not, since they're relatively new tires, I don't know how well they wear, how loud/quiet, how do they handle, etc. I like to have all my eggs in a row before I spend a big chunk of money. I appologize for re-posting this topic but I trust everyone's opinions here and have taken advise with great results in the past. Thanks for putting up with me on this</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

2. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

I don't know anyone who runs them, I do know that in our local club here in Oregon that we have been out on trail runs, dune runs, snow runs, rock runs and people who have different brands of mud terrains see the results of the BF Goodrich compaired to others, then they find out that they give good handling, and a nice ride and relatively quiet to boot and they go trade their tires for the BFG and never look back.
    My opinion, why try something new when there is a proven product on the market
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

3. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I don't know anyone who uses them either, but I did read a good review about them somewhere. They said they were deffinitely comparable to the BFG MT. I'll see if I can find the review somewhere.

[​IMG]
    http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com

4. The yoko's are alot cheeper and I here great things about these tires.Summit racing sells the 35x12.5 for $134.00,I think they sound alot beter than the bfg's.The funny thing about bfg's is that most people who run these tirs and try swampes tsl radials never go back to bfg's.You can buy these tires for about the same amount of money and off road they're not even close get some SWAMPERS.Just my $.02 worth.

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

5. arnold88

arnold88 Registered Member

I have a buddy running them on an '84CJ7. He wheels pretty hard. He has punctured the sidewalls 2 times. I think he is pretty sick of them. I think they are wearing pretty well and evenly. I don't know anyone running them on a full size. I personally run Kuhmo M/T's, they are really good tires, and I paid $108 a peice for 33's

PS. I know for a fact that the Yoko's wear down really fast, my buddy only got around 18k out of his (77K5) and he watches pressure and rotation religiously.

[​IMG] Great works are never finished [​IMG]

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

The Pro Comps are siped and drilled for studs, whereas the BFG's aren't. Also the the lug openings are actually larger on the Pro Comp than the BFG, and they're cheaper[​IMG]

[​IMG]FUN WITH 31's![​IMG]

7. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

BlazerGuy,

Do you have ProComps ?

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

8. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

No, I have BFG's. I was considering buying the Pro Comps, but decided on the BFG's because they(bfg) have a thicker sidewall. Also, the siping and the holes for studs are great if you drive in the snow, but there's no snow here, so I got the BFG Mud's.

[​IMG]FUN WITH 31's![​IMG]

9. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

You get what you pay for. BFGs are more money because you get more tire for your buck!! I am on the third set of 35" ATs on our 6,000 pound 1990 Suburban one ton 4x4, and we routinely get 55,000 miles out of them before I remove them (while they still have tread). Pro Comp are junk like the rest of the off-brands. Might have good looking tread, but don't expect them to last as long as BFGs.

ken