Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Please Help ! I'm Confused

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Frank, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Frank

Frank Registered Member

Please Help ! I\'m Confused

I have a 1987 chevy blazer 4x4, 305 CID motor equipped with TBI.
    It was running perfect then one morning the motor will turn but won't start.

I have replaced the Distributor Cap, Rotor, Coil, and Electronic Module on the distributor.

The plugs and wires are still good. And there is still NO spark.

I also noticed that there is NO fuel going into the TBI.

I'd appreciate any advice from anyone out here. Thanks!

2. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

Re: Please Help ! I\'m Confused

<font color="red"> check plug wires for secure fit and all. make sure they're good. check fuel pressure to the tb...mine lost pressure once cus of the pump dying and gave me similar results. check fuel pump for proper voltages and what not if u find no pressure or very little. i ended up getting a new tank cus i busted the baffles in the original tank (stupid speed bumps @ 40!!! lolz!) other than that, i dunno what to tell ya. sry i can't be more helpful. </font>

3. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

I alway try to start with easy things first. Eg: Clean battery posts and cables, see if I have fuel and spark. Then I check ignition switch. I then make sure that when I turn the ignition to on position that i have power to my coil. Then I'm screwed because I don't know much about TBI. LOL! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Do you have alot of keys and stuff on your key ring? Excessive weight bouncing around and swinging around on your ignition switch can damage it. Try wiggling your ignition switch while you try to start your vehicle. (You can even spray a little wd40 into your key slot) If this does not work, Test your ignition wire to your coil to see if it is hot. You will need to turn you ignition switch to the on position when you conduct your test. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

Is your "service engine soon" light coming on?
    I had a similar problem once. Drove me nuts. Turned out the fusable link to the computer had broken. I figured it out, finally, when I realized that the SES light wasn't coming on when I turned the ignition on.

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I think the distributor module controls the spark and the pulse for the fuel injector--I've seen some that had spark but no fuel pulse,and fuel pulse with no spark...not saying thats what it is,but at my friends repair shop,thats the first thing he tries,is another used module(that came out of a running vehicle)--8 out of 10 times it starts right up.The only thing I dont like about his troubleshooting methods is he doesn't really dig deeper to find out WHY the module blew--usually its an original module,and old age gets the blame! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif