Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Please help me make a decision

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by K5Steve, Oct 16, 2005.

1. K5Steve

K5Steve 1/2 ton status

Ok,I have $5,000 of spendable cash and I have a delema.I have a 91 4runner that needs a new motor,it's pretty much the smoothest riding comfortable car I have.I already have an 87 4runner and my K5 for the winter snow,both are also comfortable but not as much.I now have a chance to buy a 91 camaro z28 with everything just rebuilt (engine,tranny,and rear end),and new paint for $4,000.If I get the z28 I will sell the K5 and get the new motor for the 4runner.I can't decide what to put the money into,I can fix the 4runner and have comfort or the z28 for my release from everything.What do you guys think?
    [​IMG]
    Or
    [​IMG]

2. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

:D Pick one , otherwise, too much junk :D

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Consittering you're in NV and icy rooads are not a concern, I'd go for the Camaro, but I don't know id I'd sell the K5. I'd consitter robbing the engine out of the 87 4runner for the 91 if it'll work, if not sell the 87 4runner for a engine for the 91 4runner.

4. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Fix the 91 4runner and sell the 87 before the engine blows. Keep the K5..dah, and buy the Z when your done. This way you dump a runner over a K5 and you'll still have you comfy ride, a wheeler and street car. Two runners don't make a right
    Or did I mean to say, to wrongs don't make a right. anyway, If the Zz is the shiit for you, then dump both runners and enjoy the ride of the Z.
    Dumping the K5 will cause serious brain damage. :D

5. K5Steve

K5Steve 1/2 ton status

I may not sell the k5 as it is a sweet truck.I just put 3,000 bucks into the 87,new motor and carpet and it's my wifes so selling it will result in losing my nuts so it's not an option,besides,th 87 has a 4 cyl and the 91 has a v6.

6. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    So, give her the 91 or the Z. Whatever will be best for your nuts :D