Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Please Help Me Settle This

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by zcarczar, Jul 3, 2002.

1. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Ok, i know its not about a GM, but i got this friend that thinks bugs are the best vehicles in the world so i need to prove him wrong on this. Is there such thing as a 2 wheel drive Heep Wrangler? i told him there isnt such a thing but he says he seen quite a few. Please give me some solid proof. Thanks

2. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Maybe he's thinking about the Post Office Heeps, but they're not wranglers. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

3. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

I think so. I heard they were used in some fleet aplications. Years ago someone told me about them and I thought that was one of the dumbest things I ever heard. Two wheel drive Jeep Wranglers would be about one of the most usless vehicles ever.

4. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

I don't know, there are a few idiots around here that have actually LOWERED their j /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif ps, so they might as well be 2wd. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yes they do exist. I've seen 'em at the dealership near my house....what a waste....the dealership I mean /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

hmmmm.... do you know what year they were? cause i cant find one in kelly blue book at all

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I gotta say that I've never heard of a 2wd Jeep Wrangler, at least one that came from the factory that way. I'm inclined to not beleive that such a thing exists unless I see pictures. Just sounds too far fetched, the whole idea behind the Wrangler is off-road capability (although that's certainly debatable in stock form). </font color>

8. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

a gal at work has a 2wd cherokee ...98 i think

9. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> 2wd Cherokees I've seen, but I think that the Wrangler is the only model that is being debated? </font color>

10. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

The older VW bugs rock. They are VERY simple and last a long time and you can beat the living snot out of them. The Germans designed them for very hard use. Thats why so many buggies are made from VW bugs. One of the best ever made.

I believe some 2wd Wranglers were offered in other countries. There are even some turned into drag cars. Saw that somewhere on the web.

Ken H.

11. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I just cannot believe that a wrangler would be produced in a 2wd model but i supose its possible. That would be the morlds most useless car ever. Poor gas milage, low power, no storage what would be the point.