Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Please help my mom and sister...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Avery4jc, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hey guys I know that normally we get these kinds of threads when one of us has a family member in need of help and we ourselves can't do anything about it because of location. I come to you with the adventure that my mom, sister and good family friend are about to take....

The trip to college! We are a very tight knit family and have been so for the last 18 years (she's 17 months ahead of me, I'm 17) and the time has come for her to go to college. My dad is starting a new job in about a week with PG&E (keep those A/C's runnin' boys your supporting Avery ;)) so he can't take her which leaves my mom. :rolleyes:

The three of them are leaving in about two weeks and are driving our tahoe from Fresno, California to Abilene, Texas where she will be attending Abilene Christian University. My question to you all is if you are willing to lend a number in the very rare case that they would need help I would feel better. My dad and I ALWAYS have and always will take care of them but we feel helpless in that he can't leave a new job and I start my senior year of high school while their gone and don't want to send them off without a plan.

Their trip can be found here...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...7551,-111.401367&spn=19.813455,29.970703&om=1

If you are up to helping out in a rare case of vehicle problems or who knows what please post up or PM me with your number and or suggestions. Thanks

-Avery

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i have a friend in dallas, i don't know how far that is, but if they need something let me know and i'll call my friend

3. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

dallas is about 3 hrs from abilene

4. TDAWG1

TDAWG1 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hey man thats where I went to College As did my Wife. Her Aunt and Uncle live in Abilene and work at ACU I will PM You with some Phone Numbers also well PM.

5. Avery4jc

Thanks for the response guys, I know there are some guys along the way too so hopefully when they see this thread they will be willing to lend a number.

-Avery

6. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Put a CK5 sticker on the car, that way if the go through OK bubba might not give them a ticket

7. Avery4jc

lol, I don't even have a CK5 sticker for my truck. There's no way their getting one first.

-Avery