Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Please help, Problem with A/C system

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BUSCO, Jul 21, 2002.

1. BUSCO

BUSCO Registered Member

This is a problem I have had since I bought the truck.I Have checked all of the vacuum modules and they are all working.When I turn on the a/c I get air flow from the heater vants and dash vents.I checked the lines to each door and they are getting vacuum,but at the wrong times,ex.the blue vacuum line is supposed to have vacuum at the defrost position only,but instead,it has vacuum at the off position and at the heat and defrost position,which is the vacuum that the orange line is supposed to have.The vacuum seems like it is supplied to the wrong lines,so I checked where it hooks to the control unit and everything is correct there.The lines are all to the correct valves,and I am getting 23" of vacuum,so it isn't a leak.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. BUSCO

BUSCO Registered Member

3. BUSCO

BUSCO Registered Member

TTT again

4. BUSCO

BUSCO Registered Member

No one with any ideas? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

All I can think of is there is a problem with the heater/AC contolls. it may have a bad vacume switch. Or maby the position switch is not activating it fully.
    Have you tried swapping the vacume lines? Maby someone had it apart and hooked things backwards. Or someone made a mistake when the truck was built /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

6. BUSCO

BUSCO Registered Member

I might remove the heater box,replace the heater core and there is one actuator that I cannot get to behind the heater box.It has two vacuum lines to it which doesn't make sense right now.I was hoping somebody else had this problem and had an answer.The vacuum lines are all going where they are supposed to and,so I don't think that anybody switched them. I replaced the control module
    (AC delco) and that had all of the electrical pieces on it.Side note the whole unit is cheaper that the pieces.Thanks for the response Thunder.