Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Please Help RE: Offroad Tires

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 70noschevy, Jan 4, 2004.

1. 70noschevy

70noschevy Newbie

I need to know if any of you all have tried either the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R or the Dunlap Mudrover Tires, I'm trying to decide on which of the two, I want to purchase. (35x12.50x15) for my 78 Chevy K-1500 4x4. PLEASE HELP!

2. pplblazerdude

pplblazerdude 1/2 ton status

Hey ive got the mud rovers and i love them they give a good sound on the road they are pretty loud nuthin to a swamper im sure and they dig good and clean wheel as long as you keep up a good amount of speed. If you wont some pics i got some in my webshots. Oh yeah they run kinda small mine are on 15 10 and i think they measure alittle over 33. I love them though not the best on the street either but what you expect.

Clint

3. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

I dont run either but from what Ive heard MT/R's are a SWEET tire and I plan to get them for my next tire(35 12.50 15) and I have also heard the Mudrover is a pretty good tire for the price.....
    What do you use your truck for mostly?

4. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I've had/have both of the tires your considering the Mtr's are what I'd go with I've got more miles outta my mtr's and they do better offroad /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

In that class of tire, you might want too look into what Cooper has to offer.

6. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

ive got the MTR's and I love them. If them came in 40's Id never buy a differnet kind

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

MT/Rs do come in 40s.

Me personally, I'd get the Mud Rovers. Mud tires wear fast anyway, and MT/Rs cost a lot more than the Mud Rovers. I'd much rather buy two sets of Mud Rovers and have fresh tires two times than one set of MT/Rs and have to run them longer. Just my personal opinion anyway.

To me, all radial mud terrains are about equal, and seem to work about the same. MT/Rs work slightly better than most though, and are a very well designed tire.

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    In that class of tire, you might want too look into what Cooper has to offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best post I've seen you make in a while. Cooper STTs are a decent tire and cheap too!

9. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

SWEET!!! I didnt know they cam in 40's Well I guess u learn something everyday.

Nick

10. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I've got the MT/R's and am VERY happy with them so far. They work GREAT in the snow (not a concern in AZ) and as soon as the ground thaws I will see how they do for me in the mud.

One thing to consider is the side wall plys. The MT/R's have 3 and use a puncture resistant compound....the Dunlop's do not AFAIK.

Do a little searching on the 'net......I got Summit to match a price of $166 each on the MT/R's. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif