Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Please help!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Philly87, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Philly87

Philly87 1/2 ton status

Installed a 6 inch Superlift with new springs all the way around. I have my t-case lowered about 1" and I had my driveshaft lengthed and balanced to accomodate the lift or so I thought. Now I have a vibration at cruising speeds and on decel. Is there something else I need to do. I still have the stock 10 bolts in the truck. I did not change the degree shims on the rear axle I left the ones that came on the Superlift springs. This is driving me nuts! Is it time to upgrade to a new shaft and t-case slipe yolk eliminator? Thanks for any help.

Phil :1zhelp:

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Is the vibe coming from the front or rear? You said you had your driveshaft lengthen. Was it the front or rear. Could be as somehting simple like you need your front shaft CV rebuilt.. One thing though is that when you lower a t-case it puts a worse angle on your front shaft....

Also, on the degree shims. For the rear, is the thick part facing the tailgate? And on the front, are the thick parts of th shims facing the front bumper?

3. Philly87

Philly87 1/2 ton status

The vibration is coming from the rear driveshaft. I didn't have the front shaft in first thing after the lift and it was vibrating. It almost sounds like a grinding noise coming from the tailshaft of the tranny. The thick part of the degree shims are facing the tailgate so the thin part is facing the front of the truck. Thanks for the help...

Phil

4. Emmettology 101

Just checking on the shims, I have seen some people think they go the other way...

How much of the slip joint is sticking out of the tailshaft of the t-case? Maybe your d-shaft is too long?

5. Philly87

Philly87 1/2 ton status

If I'm not mistaken I believe I have about 1" to 1 1/2" sticking out of the tailshaft. I'll double check that to make sure. The truck is at home and I'm at work so I'll check it tonight. Again I appreciate the help.

6. Emmettology 101

No prob. :thumb:

One other thing to check is the yokes on the driveshaft. See if there is any contact being made at either u-joint. Also, when you had the driveshaft lengthened, were new joints installed?

7. Philly87

Philly87 1/2 ton status

I've looked at the shaft a couple times but I'll check that more closely tonight when I look at it now that you mention it.