Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

please help...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **b**, Mar 7, 2000.

1. **b**

**b** 1/2 ton status

i still need a hand here fellow k5 bros...

iam looking on a ballpark $$$ on replacing an inner axel
    seal front drivers on my 87.. the leak is comming from the tube i can see it. but ive also been told that there is a breather valve that may be the cause????

to make things worse i drove (short distance) and am now noticing when i turn the steering wheel to the right and
    then back straight i get a banging noise from what feels to be the same area where my leak problem. ball joint?????
    looks like i know where my tax returns are going this year?

please advise...

2. Texan

Texan 1/2 ton status

May be a shot in the dark but check your frame directly behind the steering box for cracks. My '89 would "bang" every now and then when I turned full-lock to the right and then started to straighten out. I assumed it to be a ball-joint for several months until I found the busted frame last month. Just welded in the patch kit from ORD this weekend and my popping noise is gone (not to mention I can jump on the breaks without having to white-knuckle the steering wheel because of wandering[​IMG])...

Just Something To Check,

<font color=orange>STEVE<font color=orange>[​IMG]
    89 Blazer
    67 Camaro 468
    68 CamaroSS 327
    98 GTP

3. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I was getting a bang from my Blazer when I also turned . Drove me crazy for awhile . The left front spring the leaf under the main one shifted to the drag link . Yes , the drag link kept hitting that leaf .You might also check to see if maybe the draglink isn't loose.

4. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Shop labor to R&R the balljoints is 8 Hrs for both sides...the inner wheel seals are around 3.8 hrs...plus parts of course...this info is in my Snap-On 98 flat rate manual.

AZBLAZER

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban