Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Please HELP

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by LAXandBLAZERS, Apr 8, 2003.

1. LAXandBLAZERS

LAXandBLAZERS 1/2 ton status

I just went wheeling this weekend and I bottomede out on the second mudhole /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif. I didnt get stuck but i think i maybe sucked in some water? Anyway there is a bad ticking noise comeing from the flywheel area. There was a bolt in the flywheel that was loose and it i seen that it had been hitten something. i tighted it and it still does it. do any of yall have anyidea of what this could be? any help is greatly appericated. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Plastic Sheild, or tin sheild? if tin, it could be bent in slightly from hitting a rock, or other debris? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

was it the only one loose ? and do you have a flexplate cover? if not the flex plate may be cracked but is the sound deep toned or more clicking ? thats my two cents ne-way /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. LAXandBLAZERS

I never noticed it but there is no cover/sheild down there. it is a clicking noise that is very noticable. olny one bolt was loose. and i was talking to my friends dad and he said it could be a rod in the engine clicking? could this be?anyway thanks for the replys /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

uhh get a cover on there.

6. LAXandBLAZERS

yeah i know but i cant find a cover

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm not one to talk the cover on my transmission isn't there. I have the SM465 though so its just getting mud and crap into my clutch area... I would have bolted it on but I only had 1 bolt that fit the damn holes. The guy before me didn't even have it bolted on just sliped and squeezed between the engine and trans.