Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Please, Helpme on 700R4 problem.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Jaguargt, Mar 31, 2003.

1. Jaguargt

Jaguargt Registered Member

Hi, first, sorry about my bad english, i'm from guatemala, and here is my problem:
    i'm trying to adjust the tv cable, but even with the cable all released the trans doesn't shift to OD until the accelerator is totally released (i have a 6.2d), and if i barely touch it, comes the downshift to 2nd. so i'm running almost all the time in second and third gear, so i think i'm overheating the trans because the fluid it's a little dark, could be that i have a wrong tv cable (too short)?. thanx in advance.

2. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

3. TxK5Blazer

TxK5Blazer 1/2 ton status

i think you are on the right track. I would double check what a kickdown cable would run. I have an 82K5 with a 700r4 and i don't have any problems with it shifting. That would be my first choice... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

4. K5thatShmobs

K5thatShmobs 1/2 ton status

First, definitely make sure its the right TV cable... if it is, it sounds like your cable is adjusted so that its pulling the cable out too far. Adjust it so at full throttle the cable is being pulled out of the sleeve less. If its factory version and it has a ratcheting mechanism on it, push that button in on the TV cable sleeve at the carb/throttle body end (usually right behind the bracket that holds the cable) and pull on the throttle linkage so its wide open (all the way) and you should hear it ratchet out. Then let off the button and then bring the throttle back to closed position. This should adjust it properly.

5. Jaguargt

Jaguargt Registered Member

Thanx boys, i'll try with your advices.

6. KShortell

KShortell Registered Member