Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PLEASE knock it the **** OFF!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MudNurI, Sep 14, 2002.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

come on guys- stop the bickering!

I'm not pointing fingers, nor am I saying who is right and who is wrong- but damn it STOP IT.

I understand that some people that live in the USA feel VERY strongly about the world events that are happening right now, and I also understand that others don't....just like others that don't live here don't understand why it is so important for us to be involved, or why our government chooses to become involved.

Remember- opinions are like a**holes, you all have them..

please just drop the bickering your beginning to sound like my neices and nephews when they get together, and 1 has 2 more cookies than the other.

Brandy

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

right on man im with ya! and i like the line about opinions!! LMAO!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    right on man

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh...Brandy is female./forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Rene

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I won't stop until I win!!!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Don't read it if it bugs you. I'm not trying to be rude, but it's really simple.

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

oops! i mean..right on girl!..ahhww now i sound gay...lol

6. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

thanks Rene

and canmore- I know your what your point is, but its getting to where you guys are calling eachother some names that should not be tossed around lightly-

Brandy

7. Can Can

AWWW......It's only mj. Nothing offends him. And like anyhting he calls me can get me upset. After all, like I said, it's only mj.

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Brandy
    With out trying to step on toes or anything it has been said here in the non 4x4 forum that pretty much anything can be discussed, including dissagrements. As Paul said (with out trying to sound rude) if someone does't like it they don't have to read it. Hope that was not to rude.

9. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Exactly, If you dont like it DONT read it /forums/images/icons/smile.gif If people want to discuss them go right ahead, Im all for it. Nothing wrong with it at all. Making posts about posts that people dont like just adds to it. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

10. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    With out trying to step on toes or anything it has been said here in the non 4x4 forum that pretty much anything can be discussed, including dissagrements.

[/ QUOTE ]
    as long as they stay cival(sp?) IE no name calling or personal attacks

11. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

It has stayed in one post. Its not like there are 5 or so posts out there with the two fighting. Now that we are posting about it out here its just added another.

Let them call eachother names if that is what they choose. If they get tired of it they will stop. Calling eachother names in my opinion its nothing compared to the attidude that some have about important issues. Thats allot worse then name calling. The post will die and fizzle out eventually. There are plenty more out there to read about other things. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

(not being mean or rude eather)

12. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

You know, I'm all for free speach- but is a line that you should NOT cross. When you start throwing around racist slurs, you are crossing that line.

when there is posts on here, regarding legalizing drugs- people throw a fit, that it doesn't belong here etc.. then others say don't read it etc.. well with a post regarding drugs, you know what the post is about becuase of the topic- the post that this said name calling was in, was NOT listed as "im going to tell of so and so please don't read"....Now maybe I was wrong to read the entire post, but maybe I wasnt. If you want to talk about war and why we should and why we shouldn't thats one thing., but to it with some regard to common respect. If you don't think the person your responding to deserves repect, then don't respond to it.

Its really childish. The thing I find so troubling, is that the original post was deleted by a Mod, because of the "bad vibe" it gave off, but yet we can have a post here when people are calling eachother some VERY derogitory names, and it stays. I'm hoping that its just that the Mod hasn't arrived yet, But before that I was hoping that it would not even begin. I REALLY thought that this board was full of people who could "fight with facts" instead of throwing around the names they are.

oh well, guess I'll head back to TDP, where I know I can read each and every post, without seeing someone go off on another.

Brandy

13. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

honestly i think canmore and mj have argued like this before and afterwards they are still freinds its just a heated debate.Yes it didnt say "dont read" but after you read some of it you knew what it was about so stop reading.they have the freedom of speech just as you hae the freedom not to listen to their speech.

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I think name calling and personal attacks are wrong. I've gotten mad and implied things, but I try to refrain from any name calling.

15. Can Can

OK!!!!

#1- Racist slurs, eh? Is raghead that bad? Does it offend you that much? Sorry, I guess. But keep in mind I could always use much more derogatory terms if I chose to. Let's just call it payback for all the times I've heard "white devil" in the last year. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

#2- Muddysub chose to delete that post himself. I gave him crap and he recognized that he made a mistake. Also notice that he had the balls to leave the rest of the post up- there's no way that you can read the responses and not know what he originally said.

#3- What bad names am I calling people? Idiot, goof, dummy, stupid? You think those are bad? Holy, I hope you never have to walk past me on a jobsite.......you'd probably have a heart attack!!!

Brandy, I appreciate your contributions to CK5, but I honestly feel that you're over-reacting a little bit. I guess you think we should let people like mj spread his version of the truth and not speak out. Well, when I see somebody saying something I strongly disagree with, the fight's on!!!!

16. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I kinda agree. I don't buy the "You don't like it, don't read/listen/watch it", never have. To be honest, I think that's a BS argument people like Howard Stern use to continue to get away with doing something they know will make money, regardless of who it pisses off or whether it's wrong or not. Like a technicality that holds logical water and that's all. Allowing our standards to be chipped away under the guise of "If you don't like it, ignore it, it doesn't affect you immediately". I don't like seeing 13 year old girls (one of whom my daughter will be in 9 years) dressed like you can shove a 5 down thier shorts and get some service, so I choose not to "watch/listen/read", yet everywhere I turn Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera are showing kids how cool it is to expose everything but nipple (frickin Pepsi cases in 7-11!). "I don't like it don't watch it", makes it ok for them to do so, yet I can't "not watch it if I don't like it" when I go to a clients house and thier 13 year old kid is dressed like she's the star in a $.25 peep show on 42nd street.

"You don't like it, don't watch it" kind of not-caring has given media free passes to overload guys like muddysub into not giving a hoot about what happened on 9-11.

It's a small seed that goes unchecked until it grows into watching Christina Aguilingachamusta dressed like another buck will get more skin...

Sorry for the broad tangent, that argument just annoys the living crap outta me. But whatever, I guess that's what makes America great or something. I guess the alternative takes too much effort, like raising kids responsibly.

As far as my thoughts on the thread in question go, I agree it's gotten kinda old at this point.

17. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Amazingly, this thread will probably get the same views and the same replies, starting another huge debate.

I'd like to just state before a debate potentially flares up; disagree with me fine, but I'm not coming back to defend my opinion here. It's opinion, we all have one, share your thoughts and flame me all you want, but remember that's my opinion. You don't like it, don't read it.

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

How am I suposta know if I'll like it or not befor I read it ??? Just had to say that, LOL. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

19. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

20. Can Can

Ummmmmmm, Ratch, I think I GOTCHA!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Post #1 - You say "I kinda agree. I don't buy the "You don't like it, don't read/listen/watch it", never have. "

and then in post #2 you say - "but remember that's my opinion. You don't like it, don't read it."

So which is it my friend???? GOTCHA!!!!!!! LOL!!!!

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif