Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Please read this post and give me feedback!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by BurbinOR, Jul 26, 2002.

1. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Sorry to hear about having to get rid of the K5, but welcome to the world of Suburbans /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif They are kicka$$ man, I have a 75 K10, this is my second one and love every bid of the room it has. Good luck though.

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

read other post /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

You just want to get rid of that moon visor don't ya.... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif
    Do what Shannon suggested and get a 2 wheel drive burb... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Actually like the moon visor, thank you very much! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Lots to think about............no hurry either. Might do as Rene suggested, buy a 3/4T Burb and throw my axles/steering under it from the Blazer, swap the Burb stuff to the Blazer and sell it, still as a 3/4T Blazer. Oh, too many options............ /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

For the love of christ, dont sell it loaded, you will want those mods soon, and we all know it takes a while to afford, get, and install them. ***do the swap over*********do the swap over*********do the swap over*********do the swap over*********do the swap over*********do the swap ***do the swap over*********do the swap over*********do the swap over*********do the swap over******over*********do the swap over*********do the swap over******

7. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

I'f I were you I would do the swap idea. I think Burbs work great if they are set up well. good luck on your desion.

8. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/icons/frown.gif
    I hear violins playing....

At least your not trading in for a mini van /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

9. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I hear violins playing....

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

10. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

Sad to hear you're willing to give up your Blazer.

Wasn't meant sarcasticly.

11. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

No sweat, just didn't understand violin comment.

Giving up Blazer is a tough one, but if I could turn what I have into a Burb (with all the trick parts) it would be just that much better for me. You see how little I'm able to get out wheeling.............that will not change for the forseeable future, so if I go with one of the many options I have to get a Burb, swap my cool stuff (minus the TPI motor) into the Burb, I'd have a larger version of what I run now. Kills me to go camping and leave the Blazer all alone............. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

And after watching Mike wheel his Burb, I know when set up nice they can go almost anywhere I'd want to go. I'll never be hardcore enough (at least until I dedicate a trail rig to the cause after the kids are grown and gone) to put it in places and at risk like I see others do.

Anyway, thanks for the input! No decision is imminent, just letting the gray matter of the brain work it over............. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

12. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

swap my cool stuff (minus the TPI motor) into the Burb

[/ QUOTE ]
    if you do do it i want first dibs on swapping a 350 +money into your blazer and the 406 into mine /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

13. Smurfmobile85

Smurfmobile85 1/2 ton status

Suburbans are cool and do wheel very well. As far as space... /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif We can fit EVERYTHING for our family of six to camp for a few days in the back, level with the top of the tailgate! It's still my daily driver, but is also the RV. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Of course my suggestion would be to swap the goods into the Suburban (4x4 of course) and sell the Blazer as a stock model. Easier to recover $ spent on the Suburban that way and not sacrifice your whole Blazer set-up at the same time. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Whatever you decide... enjoy your family!

Deana

14. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

dude, dont ever get rig of your blazer!! save ur pennies and get an old big-blocked 2wd people-mover 'burb... but dont sell your sweet blazer just to do it!! never!!!

J

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I'm startin' to lean towards the swap idea, it'd be like X-mas putting all the toys from the Blazer on the Burb.... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

16. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

the rear end of a burb that gives it mad storage space, also sucks for wheelin... departure angle of like 30 degrees. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Only gr8 for wheelin burb I have seen in Brian Waddel's... and his is chopped down to blazer length. lol,

J

17. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Jason, I'm fairly sure Frank isn't looking for a hardcore wheeler capable of winning the TTC...

Rene

18. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

LOL, Rene.

Too bad Jason didn't see Mike (heavymetal) up at TSF on Firebreak 5/Powerline, etc. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

What I have now will easily wheel with *most* rigs on this board. What I do NOT have is time to use it's capability. Nor do I have a desire to put it in places many of you guys do - I respect what y'all do but body damage to me is a no-no. I'm a wimp in that regards - but that's OK with me. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

What I do have is kids that love to camp, as I do, and a vehicle that is great for pulling a tent trailer but no room for dog/kids friends/the plethora of 'stuff' we use to go camping with - we are not 'minimalist campers'............. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif far from it!

Guess I could keep using the AWD Safari minivan............pulls the trailer fine..............but................ /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

19. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'm a wimp in that regards - but that's OK with me.

[/ QUOTE ]
    There's no reason to justify or apologize for how you wheel and what you will or will not do to your truck...I'd cringe to see you take body damage on that truck!

Although it would be a fair chunk of work I think swapping all the spendy parts onto a clean 'Burb would put you where you want to be as far as utility and bullet-proof-ness(new word/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif ) If you swapped the stock 'Burb drivetrain into your Blazer it would still sell for a good buck and you'd recoup most of your investmant.
    The big question is are you willing to commit your driveway and garage to a project like that? You live in a nice neighborhood...you neighbors might not be as enthusiastic as you are about working on trucks./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Rene

20. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

What I do have is kids that love to camp, as I do, and a vehicle that is great for pulling a tent trailer but no room for dog/kids friends/the plethora of 'stuff' we use to go camping with - we are not 'minimalist campers'

[/ QUOTE ] i know the feelin, we been looking at them too /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif