Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Please remove thanks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by senatorwoodhouse, Jun 13, 2005.

1. senatorwoodhouse

senatorwoodhouse 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have any advice for putting Mile Marker lock outs on a '81 k5. I have done it many times on vehicles with 'slugs' where you just undo the old ones and slap in the lock outs. But I have never done it with the automatic locking hubs. Thanks

Last edited: Jun 21, 2005
  2. senatorwoodhouse

senatorwoodhouse 1/2 ton status

wow sometimes you just have to dive a little deeper in the project and you answer your own question. :D what can i say im not that bright. nevermind

3. jhellwig

jhellwig 1/2 ton status

The snaprings are easier to take out of the auto than the manuals. Good idea ditching autos. I hate mine. Worthless things never lock till you are already stuck.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Its exactly the same as doing a truck with internal slugs , remove and replace . If they come with an outer ring and a snap ring , you won't need the snap ring , just the outer ring that goes in the groove around the perimeter of hub .

Funny is I removed mine , and found only 1 of my auto hubs had a spring left :D