Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Please Stand By for a RANT

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jeremy_C, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

So here goes.....my chevy has been sitting since friggin august. Had an idea to put the new motor from my truck into my Jimmy when I had it, sold the jimmy before it was completed. I dont have time to fool with it, so I was gonna give the guy my truck to do the motor swap. So he got it about 1/2 out an realized it wouldn't work and shortley afterwards i sold the Jimmy.

So it sat for 2 months with the motor 1/2 out.

I bought a Cab an Dog house for the truck for 250, an was gonna give the guy 100.00 to put it all on. So it sat for 3 months, alittle due to the bad weather, alot because he is lazy. He burnt his house during this time, for insurance, an my truck sat there for about 3 weeks in a neighbor hood where Its not good to leave things unnatennded.

So now my cousin has the truck, said he could have it done in no time. Still up there, been there for 3 weeks now. The kicker is, i've done most of the unnassembly myself, took the cab off, an I mainly took the dog house off with alittle bit of help.

Startin to piss me off, by the time i get the truck back, its gonna need abunch of little stuff due to sitting this extended period of time. I didn't prep it properlly, because i figured it would be out of commision for a month tops. :doah:

From now on, if i do anything like this again, i'm paying a body shop to do it. I'm not relying on good ole boys to do ANYTHING for me.

Thank you for your time. :mad:

2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Man the old Jimmy, I miss that thing. Where is it now?

3. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Yea, I miss that thing too........tried to buy it back the other day, told him to holler if he ever decided to sell it. Aint near as clean as it stayed when i had it. But I needed something alittle easier on gas......but at some point i'll buy it back. :D