Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Please tell me about manuals...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ugly_blazer, Jul 14, 2004.

1. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

Ever since the hydro clutch post a few weeks ago I have been thinking about switching from an auto to a manual. I know nothing about working on manuals. To remove one from a vehicle, do I just unbolt the transmission, then unbolt the bellhousing from the motor, and then the clutch and pressure plate?

I want to find either a 465 or 4500(?)(OD would be cool), but it has to be from a 2 wheel drive truck. What is the approximate length of the bellhousing and transmission from the front to the rear output yoke? It has to be shorter than a long shaft 2 wheel drive th350 to work for me. Do they have fixed yoke or slip yoke, 465 and 4500? Is there any certain years or spline counts better than others? I will want a hydro clutch. Any info is appriciated /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

You'll need a 85/86 chevy fro the donor inorder to get the hydro set up. You'll need the bellhousing and tranny, might as well put a new clutch in when ya swap it.
    Why you using a 2wd set up?
    the 465 is the shortest tranny chevy had. my 465-205 is 4" shorter then a 350-203.
    my brother is swapping to a 2wd th400 in his cause his co worker runs a 2wd 465 and they both have dodge 205's devorced behind them.

3. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

4. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Why you using a 2wd set up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the divorced 205 Dodge case also.