Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Please vote on By-Laws

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by gokartergo, Jul 29, 2002.

1. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Are these acceptable by-Laws for NCBD'S Please PM Nosmog73 for your vote.We will leave the vote up until saturday Aud 6th..I added something so if you want to change your vote you can. I added what is in bold.Thanks Dan

Nor-Cal Big Dawgs By-Laws

This organization exists in order to bring together members for fun, family-oriented activities and enjoyment of our
    natural surroundings. This organization shall work to keep existing trails open and create new trails. Safety and
    user education will be emphasized. This club will work in concert with other user groups to maintain trails, keep
    open trails open, and organize events and any other purpose that the membership feels is necessary. This
    organization shall be non-profit in character.
    The objective of the club is enjoyment, not competition. Practices involving "daring" or "egging on" are not
    acceptable. Members must be left to choose for themselves what obstacles they prefer to try or go around.
    The philosophy of Tread Lightly must be adhered to as strictly as possible. This means that vehicles should stick
    to the trail whenever possible and respect the environment.
    If someone gets stuck, all vehicles must wait until the vehicle is freed. People are not required to help extract a
    stuck vehicle or perform other work on the trail but the sport does require a team effort. Vehicles may be left in
    the stuck position provided there is a consensus amongst the participants. People will never be left behind.
    Drivers clean up after themselves, if possible leave it cleaner then you found it.
    You are responsible for the behavior of guests traveling in your vehicles.
    Recommended equipment includes: ABC fire extinguisher, first aid kit, tow straps, tools, spare tire, axe, shovel,
    and CB Radio. Although these items are not "required" it is highly recommended that all club members carry these
    items. Spare parts such as u-joints, axles, drivelines, and basic tune up parts are suggested as well.
    Each rig should have tow points in both the front and the rear of the vehicle.
    Each member should have a thorough understanding of their vehicle, as well as, being capable and prepared to
    repair said vehicle in the event that it is needed.
    This is a family based organization and all members will act accordingly. Any member or guest acting in a manner
    deemed unfitting will be asked to leave. If said situation occurs again, the member in question may have their club
    membership permanently revoked at the determination of the club's Board of Directors.

As an organization that supports Tread Lightly, should one of our members be found to violate Tread Lightly
    practices, the situation shall be evaluated, and a fine of up to fifty ($50.00) dollars will be imposed.
    The fine will then be sent to the Tread Lightly organization in the form of a donation. A repeat violation of Tread
    Lightly policies shall constitute in having membership permanently revoked.

MEMBERSHIP AND DUES

1. Membership is open to owners of off-highway vehicles or OHV enthusiasts.
    2. Membership is open until the membership reaches 75 members at that time the Board of Directors will make a
    decision on what shall be done.
    3. Dues for this organization shall be $10.00 yearly (per family at one address).
    4. Dues are payable on January 31st of each year. Members who pay in the months of October, November or
    December will have a valid membership for those months and the following calendar year. If paid before that will be prorate it at $2.00 per month..
    5. To remain in good standing, a club member must pay his/her dues on or before the date of the January 31st.
    We recommend that you join CA4WDC.
    6. The minimum age for members shall be sixteen (16) years. Each member must hold a valid driver's license and
    have adequate insurance coverage. Members under 18 must be sponsored by a parent or guardian.
    7. All members must conduct themselves in a responsible, respectable and orderly fashion at all times. The Board
    of Directors shall have the power to expel members for misconduct.
    8.Absolutely NO Alcohol while on trails. (If you are intoxicated don't wheel, save it for the house or campground
    After you wheel.)
    9.If a member does not abide by the recommended equipment list and is causing problems on the trail.
    (IE. No tow points and stuck in the mud.) The board can impose a $50.00 fine or if needed expulsion from
    the club. We all should know our limits, and the limits of our rigs. If you are not prepared for a obstacle
    you should not attempt that obstacle.

Governing body:
    The President of Nor-Cal Big Dawgs shall be voted in for a term of one year.
    The voting date shall be within the first week of every March.
    The President shall then appoint a 9-member board of directors and within that board of directors a Vice
    president, Treasurer, and Secretary.
    Limits of power:
    No member on the Board or President shall make any major decisions with out Board approval nor spend more then
    $50.00 of Nor-Cal Big Dawgs funds without Board approval.
    Has a General rule most major decisions will be voted upon by all members. If a decision must be made quickly.
    Then the President can call a vote of the Board of Directors.

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Hey way kool! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Bill C /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

3. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Sounds good but Dan, looks like we might have to included a rule about not smoking dubbies ( [​IMG]) on the trail just for you /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. gokartergo

LOL... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I just wonder about one thing... why not have people pay dues a year after they first paid them? I just paid to join this month for a year... so if I pay again in Jan I will have paid only 6 months later.... wouldn't it make more sense to have each person pay on their yearly anniversary then everyone at once?

6. gokartergo

That is a lot more work for the treasurer and sec.... And they don't get paid enough...LOL If I remember right you sent in extra money to join...We can add that to your membership for next year...Dan

7. ChevyCaGal

Well... it won't be that much work... just on one page of the site have the members names listed... then next to it their join date. I don't wanna cause extra work, but just seems to make more sense to pay when your year is up, not again in 6 months. Cuz people like me who paid this month will be paying $20, $10 now, $10 then... plus lots of us are joining CA4WDAC... it adds up for some folks a bit higher then maybe they can afford. That's just my main concern here with this set up. Otherwise it looks good!

8. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Dan if this is a big deal then maybe prorate the first renewal. Either half or full depending when you joined. After your 1st year as a member you'd be renewing at the normal time.

9. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Looks good Dan-O!

The only thing I would suggest from a "continuity" standpoint, is to move that final comment about being prepared for the obstacles you attempt, up into the early part of the bylaws where it talks about recommended equipment. It seems to be a logical extension of that initial subject....

Other than that, we're looking GOOD. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

10. gokartergo

I just put that there because it was a add in.. But I will move it up ...Thanks Dan

11. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Done...look's good! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

12. gokartergo

I added something it is in bold..If you want to or need to change your vote you can...Dan

13. ChevyCaGal

Oh sorry... yeah they work... they did from the start... I was just concerned with some peoples funds with joining this club, CK5 and then CA4WDA is all... adds up quick! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif