Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Please vote on this if you can

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Aug 31, 2006.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Even if you dislike Bush and the War on Terror/ War in Iraq I think most of us here agree on the dangers of growing Islamofascism.

Do you agree with President Bush when he likens the struggle against Islamic fundamentalism with the fight against Nazis and communists? * 192338 responses

Yes. Bin Laden and others are the Hitlers and Stalins of our times.44% [​IMG]

Maybe. But I'm going to need some more convincing one way or the other.4.2% [​IMG]

No. This is just dishonest, warmongering designed to scare voters about national security in time for this fall's elections.52% [​IMG]

OR maybe I'm wrong. Anyway here's the link.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14602723/?GT1=8404

2. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I agree with the president.. and taking the WWII analogy even further, I would compare bush to winston churchill - folks thought he was off his rocker too.. until the germans turned their bombers loose on england.

The libs forget that their hero FDR not only declared war on japan after pearl harbor, he also declared war on germany and italy, who hadn't attacked us yet.

I've said this before.. bush is the only president I remember actually governing like he not only read a history book, but also learned from it.. he knows the UN is a waste of time, and he fully appreciates the nature and scope of the islamic threat..I can't say that about his dad, or ronald reagan.

to me, bush is the one guy that gets it. too bad he's hampered by a chicken**it congress and state department.

Tom

3. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

x2 plus some. That's as deep as I'm getting on this one.

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yup, it's all just scare tactics.... It's not like 9/11 affected me in my little corner of the world... We need to just get over that and move on.. Ya know, sweep it under the rug like every other attack since 79... :rolleyes:

Excuse me while I stick my head back in the sand, or is that my arse? :doah: :haha: Call me when they nuke NY, maybe, just maybe, then I'll notice... :mad:

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

IMO the terrorists are more evil than the Nazis or Soviets... they just don't (yet) have as large of a infrastructure/government to carry out their heinous deeds. Say what you want about Hitler, the guy didn't strap bombs to little kids and tell them how great suicide was. That is some crazy crap. IMO, terrorists shouldn't have any human rights at all.... their actions are outside the realm of tolerable human behavior. Kill them... kill them all.

I disagree with Bush on lots of stuff... but he deserves credit for having a backbone of steel when it comes to the greater middle east war. He doesn't give a **** about opinion polls, focus groups or a protesting Cindy Sheehan. He will carry on doing what he thinks is right up until the day he leaves office. Clinton never would have got involved in the first place... but if he had, he would have cut and run looooong ago. People on the left like to sweep it under the rug, but when the US cut and ran in Vietnam, over 3 million innocent Vietnamese got killed. That'd be peanuts compared to what would happen if we left Iraq tomorow. Something for the crowd that claims to support "the little guy" to think about... oh wait, they don't think... and they don't really give a **** about the little guy either.

j

6. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I voted. I just find it so hard to believe there are really that many ignorant people in this country. It is an MSNBC poll though....

John

7. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

just voted.... i feel the same on that too.

8. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Oh man..... I hate Keith Oberdork with a passion.... Somebody needs to sodomize that arse with a spiked Louisville Slugger...

9. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Would you have to pull his head out first?