Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Plow truck

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Z3PR, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Looks like I'm going too get stuck in a Furd this winter. We only have one Chevy plow truck, a K5 even. The boss knows I'm a big fan of the K5, but it looks like one of his brothers will get it, damn it. Oh well, I don't like the controls for it's plow anyways. I rather have a joy stick instead of switches. If I’m going too get stuck with a furd, it’ll at least be a turbo diesel !!!!

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

K5s suck for plow rigs, the windows will ice over too easy, and too many blind spots. the wheelbase is nice though.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've plowed with the K5 before. Pick up’s are easier for the shovels and snow blower. Don’t have too roll down the back window too open the tail gate. I just like the K5. But it doesn’t matter, a plow truck is a plow truck. One of the turbo diesel F250’s will work just fine for plowing. The K5 is the only non diesel plow truck we have. It’s pretty beat up, body is rotted out, but it’s not a diesel, and don’t have too worry about fuel jelling up. I just don’t want the flatbed. If I end up with it, I’ll be out salting and sanding all night. Going behind everybody else that already plowed. I’ll be happy just plowing in my part of town. If salting and sanding, I’ll have too run all over Omaha, Council Bluffs, and Lincoln. Lots more driving.