Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

plowing with a 6" lift and 35s

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Truckfan2, Dec 8, 2000.

1. Truckfan2

Truckfan2 1/2 ton status

plowing with a 6\" lift and 35s

Does anyone plow with their lifted K5 or have done it in the past?? I was thinking of doing this. Anyone know the pros and cons??

Have been stuck (once) as of 8/12/00

2. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

Re: plowing with a 6\" lift and 35s

my best friend plows with his 79 gmc pickup, 4inch susp, 3 inch body, 35 inch bfg ats, he doesnt like it. He says he has no visibility up so high, and the big tires dont give enough traction to push a big pile around. He hates to do it, but he just bought an 83 stock ramcharger to plow with.

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

3. Hobbes68

Hobbes68 Registered Member

I agree with Shaggy. The higher you go, the worse angle you get on the plow. Ideally you want the plow mount to be as low to the ground as possible. This way the plow frame is perpendicular to the ground when you plow. Sort of counter productive if you have a lifted truck. Also, you want to use relatively narrow tires that sink through the snow and ride on the pavement. Wide tires tend to "float" on top of the snow causing them to loose traction.

4. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

I plow with 4"'s of lift and 35x14.5's and have no problems. My tires are kinda agressive so i dont have a tracton problem, The first storm we got 14 inches of snow and i unknowingly plowed most of the day in 2 wheel drive. Couldn't tell the difference!
    My plow frame is not at that bad of an angle i would say that the front is no more the 2.5 or 3 inches lower than the back.
    good luck!

Bigmeats

Carl...75 Blazer...Manhattan IL