Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Plug the back of the fuel filter??

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by 84CUCV, Mar 4, 2003.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

My k5 was seeing a lot of use lately. Had no problem starting. So I thought I had it fixed. Now that it sat all night, same hard starting all over again. The only thing I forgot about was plugging the fuel filter base. Now, I know it is the bottom to the right of it on the back. Come to think of it was does it do again? What tap did you guys use? How important is this or should I just get a new one? I really hope this gets it. Thanks Mike

2. 84CUCV

Anyone???

3. Txstruck

Txstruck Registered Member

I just replaced mine with a big truck fuel filter block. Cured it instantly. Just go to a big truck bone yard and get a single filter block. I had to get some adapters for the hoses and it probably cost me a total of $10 including filter. Of course I got the filter block free since my dad is a master diesel mechanic. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I just unplugged all the sensors in the back since I really didnt need them and havent had a hiccupp in it yet! /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

OK IIRC it's the pressure sensor (clogged filter indicator) that is usually the culplrit for air leaks. You want to tap it with a pipe (tapered) tap and use the appropriate NPT plug. Disclaimer - I'm not the expert on this, as we don't do this on CUCVs. I was told this was a service bulletin by a GM mech/buddy. A friendly GM garage might be your best source for accurate info. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. 84CUCV

I think I did every thing I could think of and the help you guys gave me. So I will be doing this next. Thanks Mike