Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Plug wire orientation

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by afroman006, Jul 21, 2003.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

My burb's been vibrating and a few people told me to check and make sure the plug wires are in the correct location. I've looked my Haine's manual over and cannot locate a diagram that tells me which wires go to which cylinder. Anyone know of such a diagram? A page number in the Haynes manual will work too. Its just one of the thing I'm going to check tryin to sort the vibrating issue out. Thx

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Check the firing order. The p/wires can go on the distributor with #1 starting anywhere you want, as long as they stay in order from there on out....

3. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

#1 is just 2 position's counterclockwise of center, then just follow the firing order, 1 8 4 3 6 5 7 2 clockwise. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Bringing this one back from the great beyond?

Is this true? That it doesn't matter where the plug wires starta s long as they are in order? I know about the firing sequence and such, but I have a modified distributor and where the shutter wheel lines up with the hall effect sensor, the rotor is pointing at my #2 cylinder and hell if I can just rotate all my wires one over then hell that will solve all my problems, well I will have to still turn the distributor 180* back since I did this today during my trouble shooting phase of operations............

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i had a ford ranger 2.9 one time and the distributor was 180 off and what a pain in the a$$ to get to so just put wires on 180 off and 100% fixed and better.

6. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah I remember my Ranger and screwing around with the distributor on that blasted thing was a PITA.