Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

plug wires are burning up

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mtn. burb, Jun 6, 2004.

1. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

I have high heat resistant sheaths around some of my plug wires to keep them safe from the JBA headers and they are arcing (sp?) again! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Need wire protection ideas.

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Use the Accel shorty plugs header plugs, they will give you just enough clearance for the boots to clear the head tubes.
    Bill

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

If you aren't running them already, would 90* boots help?

I just put Accel "build them yourself" wires on my truck, and it is much better than trying to use ones from another application. 4041K (IIRC) gets you black accel do it yourself wires with 90* boots for HEI. For remote coil applications you have to cut the boot for the cap connector off about an 1/8", since the small cap setup uses shorter terminals than coil in cap distributors.

4. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I am running a set of Dynomax headers with full size plugs and the accel high temp boots. Haven't had any problems from mine. Been on for around a year so that is a record for plug wires on the truck with the headers.