Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

plug wiring with headers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by COCHEV, Nov 24, 2002.

1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

looks like i need to run some straight boots instead of the 90% style to keep the wires off the headers. the only way to run the 90% ones would be to run the wires under the headers and close to the block. not too big on this idea. would rather run straight out and back around but not sure how to do this and have it look clean.

suggestions? pics?

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Accel sells shorty header sparkplugs so the boot doesn't hit the headers! About $25.00 a box! Been there ,Done that! I run 90* MSD 8.8 wires with AutoLites right now and they just barely clear the headers. I tried the Accel Sparkplugs before and liked them, I'll be gettin another set in a few weeks when I get my rig back.
    Bill

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Jason, check this out...............

[​IMG]

4. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

Frank, i have similar style headers on my 76 and can run the angle plugs like you did over the valve covers. put this rig has different headers- not sure what kind-and the P.O. hacked in some 90% plug wires and almost all of them hit the exhaust. then instead of changing them he just added duct tape where they burned through! LOL! here's some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

You can also use the Header thermal boot covers and wire insulators! They work great!
    Bill