Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Plugging NP208

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FL84K5, Mar 25, 2003.

1. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I need to pull my rear shaft off to have some work done to it. Whats the best way to plug up the NP208 to keep all the fluid from making a mass exodus from my tcase? Thanks

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

If your just pulling the shaft and not driving the truck, don't worry about plugging it up since not much fluid comes out when it's parked(level), but you could use the bottom half of a soda bottle and duct tape it on...

3. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I decided to put my oil catcher that I use for oil changes under it to catch what came out. You were right, not much fluid came out. Thanks for the quick reply. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I should really check the fluid in my 208 cause I changed driveshafts a couple times and never got a drop of fluid /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif the first time I took it out I put a pan under it expecting some but nothing came out. My dad has slip yokes on hand we use to plug trannies.