Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Plugs and O2 sensor??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jays Beast, Jun 28, 2003.

1. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

Ok, bought a set of Headman Headers. Going to install new plugs and o2 sensor, what brand plugs are you guys using? and should I go with acdelco or other brand o2 sensor? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Thanks Jay

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

A/C, and A/C....

3. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I second that...Delco..

I just went thru an experience with a New bosch O2 from Autozone that was flat lined right outta the box....there went $46

Replaced it with a Delco ($41) and passed inspection...

of course by this time I had to pay for a Diagnostic ($75) to find the bad O2, and an additional $30 for the third go round with the inspection Nazis....

I figger Bosch cost me $110.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. Suburbanite

Suburbanite Registered Member

We installed Bosch Super Cu (Copper) HR-9-BC's in my nephew's '93 K1500 Z71 Sportside back on 10/12/02 & 172K miles. Now at 189K & they still seem to be working ok.

Installed NGK UR5's on my '95 K2500 Sub with 132K miles last wknd & they also seem to be working fine.

Just some alternatives to AC-Delco.

Haven't replaced any O2 sensors yet so can't offer any advice on them.

Here's a FYI: O2 sensors are available in heated & non-heated versions. The heated versions usually? have more wires -- 3 or 4 vs 2 for the unheated version -- and AFAIK are only used on 'newer' OBDII vehicles. Heated versions are also ~twice the price of unheated versions.

Good luck.

5. MousePowrd

MousePowrd 1/2 ton status

Always use AC O2's on GM engines, Bosch's usually wont throw a code if they are bad for some reason.

I always use AC R43TS plugs. I use on the K5, Buick, and the 454 in my boat. They are great plugs

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Brand I have on now is Standard (O2 and plug wires). I have used their stuff before, and have no complaints at all. Always seems to be very good. Plugs I am using NGK. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif