Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

plugs on a ford taurus..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Feb 28, 2004.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

HAH yea right... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

ganna do a tune up on my moms car while shes gone..just changed the oil on it and took a gander at the plugs and wow..i forgot how crazy it is with them engines turned sideways like that..those ones faceing the firewall look fun...god i love my truck! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

There not that bad to do. usually a sparkplug socket and a 3" extension will get them. There are alot worse out there!

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea..i didnt take to close a look at it..the front ones are fine but i saw all thsoe wires and [darn] everywear and just saw the plug wires going down into a mess lol..ill doem tomorrow..

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

3.0? plugs are half hour tops.. 3.8? hah better off trying from underneath..

5. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

a taurus plus are nothing. try a probe 3.0 with ac the rear ones are very easy the front you barely can get to /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i always disconnect top engine mounts and roll engine forward on the 2.8L and 3.1L Gm engines, but fords hmm not sure

ive got an aerostar out here with a 3.0L in it but its in longways i think im pretty sure ford were RWd in 86 still, ill have to look tomorow im curious now

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Some engines require removal of the upper intake. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yeap this is a 3.8...after i get outa work today im ganna do them..wel see how it goes lol...