Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

plugwires distributor cylinders

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by aduff85k5, Mar 22, 2005.

1. aduff85k5

aduff85k5 Registered Member

im trying to figure out if i've got a spark plug wire crossed up at the distributor. is there any diagrams that could help me make sure i've got the distributor wires to the correct cylinder? she's back firing a bunch and it sounds as though the passenger side of the engine is missing.

2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hope this comes out ok?

Untitled-1 copy.JPG

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

This is of course if you still have the rotor pointing to the number 1 plug wire tap in it's stock location. The firing order is of course the same but like on Wimpy, my number one isn't in the stock location so I have to compensate. If, however, the motor runs then maybe you do have a couple of plug wires crossed up. Course you could also have a valve not closing all the way so maybe a little more information from you could help the great CK5 source of help, help you.

Course I am the local village idiot so......:crazy:

4. aduff85k5

aduff85k5 Registered Member

thank-you oh great british one. ........where did the term bollocks come from (by the way).

the square part on top of the distributor cap is facing the drives side,,,,,i think it is at a 90 degree. i bought the truck from a friend and he did tell me it needed a valve job though.

5. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

You got me? It's just used the same as 'nuts' or 'sh*t'.
    Unless you get kicked in them...then it just hurts!:)