Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

plumbing hard lines for a compressor????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevyfumes, Jul 1, 2004.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I found some diagrams online but for way too many lines , do any of you guys have your compressors hooked up to hard lines, I only want to have 2 or 3 drops, and I can't find sh!t on the internet to find flex line to even leave the compressor or even clamps to hold my regulator and filter to the freakin wall???? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifIt even says on the box they came in that you need to clamp them and it shows the clamps, but nobody sells them or flex line WTF....And lets say I want 5o' total of hardline , what size pipe do I use, 3/4 or 1" and is that ID or OD???
    Also The compressor is going in a 4' X6' room and I thought I would put a dryer type vent at the floor on one wall to allow cool air in and an electric gable exhaust vent at the ceiling on the opposite wall for cooling...Anyone have any better ideas???? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

I used rubber 1/2" hydrolic line with npt threaded ends from the compressor to the wall. And my hard lines are 1/2" galvinized pipe. The normal flexable air line that you would use conected to the tools are 3/8". So I my thinking was that 1/2 would be plenty. For clamps What I used was just pipe clamps( lite strap steel that is shaped over the pipe with screws on both sides) I run a sandblster with this setup. Even at work the hard lines are 1/2" galvinized pipe. Hope that helps some.

Brett

3. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Also, pipe is measured ID and tubing is OD.

All my lines are 1/2" ID.

I forgot about this but I also have 1/2" copper line running under ground 75' to the big shop. Impacts work just fine with that also. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif