Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Plumbing question......help please

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by akbound, Jun 13, 2005.

1. akbound

akbound 1/2 ton status

One of my faucets (only one) is dispensing cloudy water. It appears that there are tiny air bubbles in the water. It clears up after a couple of minutes of sitting. The clearing starts at the bottom of the glass and works its way up. :what: :dunno:

No changes have been done and this just started.

2. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Just sounds like air in the water. All faucets have airators to increase the strenght of the water coming out. Are you on city or well water?

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Did you have new copper installed,or any repairs done recently?? Also, is it the faucet in question far away from the main vale? Mabey some natural minerals from the water (if you were on a well,with no filtration,like Dave said) are going to just that one faucet... sometimes the furthest fixture from the main valve will accumulate stuff in the water pipes. Keep us posted. :)

4. akbound

akbound 1/2 ton status

It is gone now

Just checked it again and the water is clear!?? :confused:

There was no work done on it before this condition.

City water and the sink is not at the end of the line.

I do have a water softener.

I removed the aerator about three months ago.

5. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Could have been from some work in the area. Glad it cleared up.

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

us too!

We have a next door neighbor who's having a new house built--about 75 ft away from our well,they drilled a new well for the new house(the 85 year old house was trackhoe'd to the ground,and the new house was built in a different place on the lot).

Since they did the drilling,and blasted compressed air into the well pipe,our water has been cloudy and rusty(we have lots of iron ore under us)..I've had stomach pains the past 5 days,and there is an oily residue on all out sinks and toilets...I'm betting they tapped into the same "vein" our well is in,and from now on we will have all kinds of problems...sigh...after 25 years of no problems,now this town is all F@#4&* UP....too many people moving in,too many big car dealers and wal-mart and lowes nearby...I liked this place a LOT better then,when it was nothing more than woods..now its a friggin city,and peace and quiet is a thing of the past....sucks here now..I'm just hoping my stomach cramps pass without having to see a doctor..got NO cash for that!.. :mad: