Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PLZ HELP chevy 350 quadrajet, Unilite distibutor couple timing ?'s

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by down4thakrown, Jul 30, 2005.

1. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i started my truck and it misses a little or maybe its the big cam i have. but is it normal for the timing tab to bounce between 2* or is it suppose to stay still? and will it start if its 180* off and with out moveing the dist. ? it also just ran outta gas so this might have somthing to do with it. im bout to get more. and when i put it in gear it dies when its idleing at about 800-1000rpms
    its a comp 4x4 cam 274 lift duration. new rebuilt 350 that i just broke in, newly rebuilt quadra jet jetted for stock blazer with 350,Unilite distributor, new tranny, no exhaust or collectors, just hooker comp headers.

its a rebuilt i just broke in, with a new quadra jet, and a unilite distributor. you guys think mabe the ignition wires are too close. right be fore it ran outta gas a couple of plug wires where touching the hot wire goin to coil and red wire coming from the dist. think this could of had somting to do with it?
    whats wierd is when i first started it the line on the balancer stayed still for a while but this is only when we had to hold the pedel to keep it running. the more we mest with it to get it to idle the more it started to move. but all we had to do is turn the idle screw in alot more