Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PLZ READ! hey guys , need help making a desisions?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by newbe73, Mar 27, 2002.

1. newbe73

newbe73 Registered Member

i just haven't said much lately so i just thought i would ask some questions i have ben wondering about. i am 17 and there is many thinks i want to do to my truck. right now i have 35in. tiers and i think they ar fine there is nothing that i really need 39s or anything for. but one thing i would like is to get more power. wow my blazer is addicting. what i wanna do is get the body work done this summer. and i wanna paint it. i really love the grey that greg72 has wow i just have to say that is nice and no one else has anything like that but i do not know what i wanna paint it . i really like that gray but i do not want to copy. well besides that i would love to put locking differentials. i wonder how much that would run me . i see some for $150 a piece and some for $400 a piece. also another thing i wanna get done is get MORE POWER! but i would like to get alt least 8mpg cuz it is my daily driver. i would more care for low end tork but i also would like to impress some of my friends in there little sport cars, suck as my friend nick with his 95 stealth. and currently i have a 350 all stock and i do not know if i wanna turn it into a 383 or get a big block like a 427 or 454 but i will keep my th350 for a wile unless i find a really good deal on one. i was just wondering if i could turn my 350 into a 383 and get quit a bit of pow out of it. plus maybe some new heads and cam. in the summer i make $7 and hour from construction and i usually work 40 hours a week but i love one i get paid o.t and time and 1/2 wow that just makes my day. i really wanna get my tuck all beefed out before senior pics so i can talk mine in my blazer YA!.i do not know some other things i would like to know are how do you become a real member like i see people with the web pages on here and the green name i was just wondering how i can get my own web page to past some pics and start that. well i do not know what else to say i can stop thinking about my blazer it is funny i get all my homework done and then i can not sleep cuz i cant stop thinking about it well i will be taking some picks all you get back to me now thanks bye-bye.

ps sorry if the typing is bad or spelling i am kinda bad at that

chris

2. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Hey bro....Not to be rude or mean or anything, But you have got to work on the spelling/grammer. It's almost unreadable bro. If you took the time to go back through your post and correct all the spelling and stuff, You would get ALOT more replies. I go through every post I make and check for spelling errors and stuff. I figure that since I'm asking people to help me or asking for information, then it is only curteous to make it as easy for the reader to understand as possible. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. newbe73

there took some time to read over it

4. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

I'm 17 too. If you want a true locker, go with a spool. I think they only run about 90 bucks. If you want more power for a cheap price, try getting new gears. I had 35's with 3.08's, and then upgraded to 4.56's. WOW!! What a difference. I had so much more power. It was really a night and day difference. It seemed as if it turned into a big ol hotrod.

5. newbe73

but with the spool you cant go around turns without it skreeching your tiers can you cuz the father tier hast to turn more

6. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Father tire as opposed to mother tire...

7. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

LMAO@ gokartergo!!!!!!! Nice one bro. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

8. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

Ya your right, but it's cheap. Go with a detroit locker if you don't want it hopping through turns. A detroit is a torque sensing locker, so if you coast through turns(even light throttle) it won't lock up. If I ever decide to get a locker it will be a detroit. I've also heard some good things about lockrights. You may want to look into them. I'm not sure if they're torque sensing though. Hope this helps.

9. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

A thread about spelling and out comes the "Father tire" LMAO

Dude also you might want to break your post up in sections instead of one long paragraph, makes it a little easier to get thru, not nagging just suggesting, lots of people don't like to read long paragraphs, many people here are educationally challenged.. Including myself at 2 something in the mornings usually, I"ve had my share of liquid intakes at the watering hole

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Basically, as I understand it, you want some good cheap mods to make your truck perform better. Here's my take. Your gears are probably marginal. Instead of doing a gear swap, what I'd do (and did) would be to pick up a set of 3/4 ton axles with the popular 4.10 ratio. Good all around ratio up to about 36s or so. Drop in a detroit or spool in the rearend and leave the front open for now. You'll want to be easy on it cause it's just a D44 and you'll probably want a D60 soon anyways.

With that brings new wheels. Get 15x8 or 15x10 8 lug, clearance your calipers and never look back. Tire selection is really out there, and it's easy to find good cheap used deals. Plus you can use your existing tires for now.

Engine: performer intake, rv cam, good exhaust will make it purr a lot better.

Transmission: keep your stock stuff. You prob dont need a doubler right now.

Suspension: Sounds like you've got that licked if you've got 35s. If you want bigger tires, cut the wheel wells out.

Safety: If you can, invest in a good cage. The peace of mind is definately worth it.

Btw, I have about 4K into my rig including purchase price. That takes into account everything that I have been able to purchase used, new, resale, part out, ect. Overall, around $4K and it's a fairly capable rig and a good platform to build on. Sure, I could have spent more and I'm sure I will in the future. But I'm 23, been building on this thing since I was 20. The best thing I can tell you is to have fun with it. When you want to make a change, round up all the materials you'll want to do that and then tear it down. Don't do what I did and have a truck that's torn down for 2 years.

You can see my truck in the link below in my sig if you're interested. Good luck to you, and btw my suggestions are just that. Nothing's set in stone. Think outside the box to really get some awesome stuff done. And dude? Keep the shiny side up!

Bryan

11. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

I hate to sound like a parent, but you need to work on your grammer. If in deed you are 17, you have a long life ahead of you and you'll find it an easier road if you can express yourself more intelligently. I hope you are still in school and taking seriously what they are trying to teach. Much of the advice you've been given is very good and should be "listened" to. People on this forum want to help you, but you got to help yourself too.

12. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I don't know if you want the color Greg72 has...It is just primer! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Or if that is what you are into you could do it real cheep w/ a few buddies

13. BUCK70

BUCK70 Registered Member

Sparky---I think "grammer" is actually grammar. Don't mean to sound like a jerk, but before you correct someone you should be correct--right. LOL

14. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

use gize r krakn me up!

15. newbe73

hahahh thanks buck for sticking up for me

16. newbe73

ya that will be one of the first things i do is to put lockers on the thing , the outher is to repaint the thing. how much do the detroit lockers run and do any of you have a stie where i can learn about em

17. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

ewe spilt tat rong, an eye steel new watt ewe mint,LOL

(You spelt that wrong, and I still knew what you ment)

18. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

yeah just break your post into short paragraphs, like group the questions of the same topic together.

As far as power, if you have some dough bolt on some trick flows or world heads, if you really want a 383 look at the speed-o-motive crates, or even the GM ones.

Gears would help put the motor back in it's powerband but it's sometimes cheaper in the long wrong to go with the 3/4 tons with 4.10's like Bryan said.