Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PN for a locking gas gap for a 72?

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Chris_T, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Posted this in the 69-72 forum, but I thought I'd check here too in case anyone has one sitting around:

Does anyone have a part number for a locking gas cap for a '72?

Last winter I went through two gas caps in two weeks because apparently someone took a liking to them. I replaced them with a locking cap that I found on the shelf at an old style parts store (no computers).

So this morning I go to the gas station, go to unlock the gas cap and some punk has broken off a key inside my locking cap. Good thing I wan't too far from home. A pair of vice grips and a big screwdriver later I have the cap off. I was pretty pissed, but then realized that a new gas cap is better than a gas tank full of sugar, so a new locking cap is going on the '72 as well as the '94.

The '94 is easy, but does anyone have a source and/or part number for a locking cap for the '72? My local NAPA tells me they have no listing. If you've got an extra locking cap that would be great too

2. myraley

myraley 1/2 ton status

Did anyone ever come up with an answer?

I have the same question. 72 Blazer with stock gas tank venting etc. I'd like a metal locking gas cap, but cannot seem to find one anywhere. Anyone know of a cap?

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Napa part number BK 7031092

4. myraley

myraley 1/2 ton status

Just to follow up, That Napa part number is actually the non-locking metal cap. The locking metal cap is Napa part number 703-1167. It says gas cap - e.c. / lock.