Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PNW K5er's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigredblazer, Jan 27, 2002.

1. bigredblazer

bigredblazer 1/2 ton status

PNW K5er\'s

I know you guys have been talking about some sort of get together, I just want you to know I would like to meet, even if it's just for pizza and beer somewhere, or some wheeling. I'm in the Seattle area, I know some of you guys are in B.C. and a few in OR so maybe we can pick a central location for all of us, and make this thing happen. What do you think? Jon

Blazin' Trails ORD Style

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: PNW K5er\'s

sounds good im up for it[​IMG] im in portland

wheeling pics

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'm gonna be out of commission for a while with my Dad. plus a peg legged Cherokee isn't to fun to wheel with[​IMG]

<hr></blockquote>
    If you can read this you aren't working on your truck, ..oh wait then how did I post this.[​IMG]

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

That sounds really dumb [​IMG] J/K, I tried to do the same thing a few months after this site went up to no avail. I think Shannon and Frank should be in charge of all the formalities now... [​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

5. mudhog

no problem what we should do is pick a weekend in may or june and have a weekend camping wheeling trip to sand lake

wheeling pics

6. mudhog

jeremy i hope your dad gets better soon[​IMG]

wheeling pics

7. 90BlazerK5

90BlazerK5 Registered Member

Hey, I'm all for it. I'm in Tacoma, and local gatherings are easier for me to get to, but I could make it as far as Cetnral Oregon if need be...

Where did all these damned dirty apes come from!?!

8. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm in Renton, so I wouldn't mind hooking up for a short jaunt or something probably. Have to see what comes up by then, but for now, sounds cool.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?

9. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Cool deal - did you guys check out BlueKnight's post about this?

We are pretty scattered - seems most central spot is either Portland or Vancouver -

BlazzinOR (me), mudhog, AGM75K5, chevyfumes, BlueKnight, jekbrown, POWERMAD, IGOR, 77K5, edeslaur are ALL Portland area..........then theres 55Willy and Andy (forgot his screen name) in Eugene, heavymetal in Salem, KENT in Roseburg, Brians60's, Blue_Beast and k5blazerus in Bend...............so who did I forget? Ah, yes, HOW could I forget Rene just north of the border? Sorry, buddy [​IMG]. Anyway, we have a lot of Portland area guys, and seems there are a few Seattle-area now as well.

Whatever you guys want to do is fine...............an all-inclusive meeting would be way COOL but let's see how many actually do show.............I understand the reality is that its' difficult to get together at any given time, with job/family/etc. issues forcing us to do things other than what we want (read WHEEL) but its worth doing. We have a lot of great guys and great rigs to gawk at so I'm up for trying. Personally, I am way too busy with things other than 'wheeling so I can fully understand any reasons for not making a run - the November 3rd run to Sand Lake was attended by 3 CK5ers. Life happens............[​IMG]

You Washington guys ever get out to Ocean Park/Long Beach ?

ONE TON</font color=blue> <font color=green>TPI'd</font color=green><font color=red> BEAST<font color=red>

10. donimator

donimator 1/2 ton status

I would love to get together with everybody. Maybe we can try a more local approach first. Maybe the people down in Oregon can get together and the People in the Puget sound Area can get together. There is a big 4X4 swap meet at the Puyallup Fair grounds on March 10th If anybody is interrested.

73 3/4 ton Chevy. 383 stroker, TH350, NP 205, 14bolt FF(Detroit), Dana 44(limited Slip), 6in. lift, 36x 14.5 super swampers

11. blzr83

blzr83 Registered Member

Hey all! That's a great idea. I'm here in Eugene and would be up for a get together of any type as long as it involves nice trucks and good people...sounds like we all have both :) Anyway, whatever people come up with make sure to get the word out so we can all join!

12. blzr83

blzr83 Registered Member

Hey all! That's a great idea. I'm here in Eugene and would be up for a get together of any type as long as it involves nice trucks and good people...sounds like we have both :) Anyway, whatever people come up with make sure to get the word out so we can all join!

13. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

14. dyeager535

Puyallup swap meet is pretty cool. Not huge, but large enough. I like going to the meets there.

If we wanted to just gather to do it, Centralia is pretty centrally located, as is Kalama. Both have park's, which would be kinda cool for a barbeque.

Wheeling, definitely have to go somewhere else though.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>

15. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

16. dyeager535

Yes, thats it. been a long time, but there was a park or something right along the river back in the day.

And I was wrong about Centralia, actually was thinking of Kelso. There is a large park relatively close to the freeway, and also a lake with parking North of that park IIRC.

Dorian

17. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I could find out about the park In Kelso, I live right across the river.

<font color=green> Too bad ignorance isn't painful </font color=green>

18. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

19. Re: PNW K5er\'s

anyone going to the Mountain Mud Fest in Sweethome? was pretty fun last year. plent of broken parts and rollovers. tickets went on sale sat.

<font color=blue> Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

</font color=blue>

20. dyeager535

Not sure if this url is long enough lol www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html