Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PNWFS4X4 MEETING

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by POWERMAD, May 5, 2003.

1. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Start Street Pizza in Portland Oregon....
    S.E. 92nd & Stark
    Portland, Oregon

Hello Members. Well after a sleepy Winter and my wifes Colon Cancer
    battle. We are back and ready to play. As you may knowMy Wife was
    diagnosed with Colon cancer in late Decmeber. In Early January she had her
    surgery and they removed a cancerous tumor. She is doing well and taking
    her chemo now and things are looking up for us. Everything is back in
    swing. The meeting will be the same. Show and shine in the parking lot
    prior to the meeting. Then go inside and order food and start the meeting.
    During the meeting we will show off road movies(bring some) then after
    outside again to just hang out.

This time around we will focus more on having fun and less on politics.
    There will be the basic ground rules and thats it. It will be
    completely decided on the members voting and outcome. No polls will be online
    and club decisions will be made at meetings. This meeting we will discuss
    open enrollment or closed enrollment. Hand out new member cards and so
    on. We will even discuss possibly meeting at other places.

There is an event one day prior to the meeting. Its a SOLV river clean
    up day. Event info is posted on the site under the clean up area. Ive
    missed all of you and have really missed wheeling. After Rob spent so
    much time turning my little SB into a power house it hasnt been used at
    all. Hope to see everyone there.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

****. where was I when they were handing out the hallucinogens....I gotsta find that line and get in it.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

Dan,
    If you read this, come join in on the fun, its nice over here & were all friends /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif We may not come join you, but you are welcome to come be a regular Joe, even though I was rejected from your club Id still shake yer' hand /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

(fumes, that was funnier d'en sheeeite /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif)

5. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Can't we all just get along... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

what the hell was that /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

7. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

thats funny that this came up, I was at Shucks today and when i was pulling in, i saw Daniel pulling out, in his blazer, i honked a bunch bu i dunno if he knew who i was lol, he just looked at me and drove off

8. Silver84k5

but [censored], i dont think my rig is capable of a show and shine anymore, How about we have a meeting at browns camp....

9. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

What I meant is I think Daniel is putting his best foot forward in bringing PNWFS4X4'S back to life. Mending fences ect... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I don't think Dr. Frankenfawkinstein could revive that club, atleast for me, but to each his own.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifIt is thunderstorm season so you never know....

11. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Time will only tell /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. uglychevyZZ4

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't think Dr. Frankenfawkinstein could revive that club, atleast for me, but to each his own.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifIt is thunderstorm season so you never know....

[/ QUOTE ]
    I think no matter what has been put into it in the past.
    PNWFS4x4 is just another website that stopped getting hits [​IMG] Bottom line, It didnt work, again and again, so why beat a [​IMG] wet [​IMG] stinky [​IMG] horse [​IMG] with the fallen rotted off leg? I think the remaining members ( being him and the Mrs. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif) should just follow the band wagon and join the fun that seems to be working for 11 months now /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Fun is what it should be /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Silver84k5

Fun yes, but we need to do a lot more wheelin.

15. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

more wheelin would be great. its been a while since a group of us have gone up.

16. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

It amazes me yet again that he goes undercover for months (alien abduction maybe /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif ) for about the fifth time in the past two years and even has the cajones (that's balls to you non-Spanish speakers /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif ) to try this, as if nothing happened.

Do what you want, there is slim and no chance that I would ever get involved with Daniel again, and Slim just left. I'm still ashamed about the first go-round. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

17. uglychevyZZ4

[ QUOTE ]
    slim just left

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifthat was me /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. Silver84k5

Like i told you last night, im jonesin pretty bad right now ;P

19. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

is this a late april fools day joke???? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

20. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

Re: PNWFS4X4 MEETING May18th

PNWFS4x4’s First meeting of the year 2003

Meeting Minutes.

Well the meeting started off early and ended early. A bit of show and shine although many were driving alternate vehicles due to breakage, build ups, or funds issues. Quite a few new members were there a well as some familiar faces to. When everyone was done showing their crossover steering and cool carb set ups and trick winches, we went inside and my wife started the raffle. We earned 50.00 for the club during the raffle. Congrats to Bob and Josh (new members) for winning the 1000 watt power inverter and cool mini fridge. Donated by big boys toys. Wish they had a website. One everyone settled down and stopped clutching their raffle winnings the meeting kicked off. Pizza and beer was killer as usual. Popped in a 4x4 tape but it paled to the new member “Southpaws” video of somewhere in Scappoose in some ruts and mud that could swallow houses. After all the fun was had we talked about meeting times. It seems many would like to see it later in the month so our monthly run falls on a payday. So everyone decided that the third week of the month or the Sunday following the second Saturday would be best. We then discussed politics. Agreed we are not having them anymore Everyone will just vote for things as they come up. There will not be a staff just a pres and lots of people helping out on the website, updates, getting club discounts, arranging events and so on. Many said they would like to see a more updated website with a newer look although no one could show examples of this at the time. So we are working on that. Debuted about 10 new things on the club store and before we forgot had everyone introduce themselves.
    We brought a up a discussion about clean up efforts, building homes for the homeless and so on. We discussed the Beach clean up and some of the members who went to SOLV it this year. We mentioned Shannon’s event June 21st at Sand lake and passed around his email. Talked about the Sheridan mug bogs and were seeing who was going to attend. If funds are available it looks like a lot of members will be there.

Last thing on the list was Chris’s cool flyer to hand out to recruit new members. Oh yes I almost forgot. Everyone agreed no closed enrollment. Anyone who meets the qualifications set by everyone can join on a probationary period after thirty days everyone votes on that individual if they are in or out. Hee hee there was some talk about hazing to. Like washing all the vehicles during one of our meetings without a step ladder. It was also discussed and decided that the new members who showed up today are now members. Anyhow everyone retired to the parking lot and general chatter spawned. Although our raffle members were busily trying to figure out where to mount their new fridge and power inverter. Ohh oops almost forgot Jeff won a cool jump starter to.

Oh last thing this kind of happened in the parking lot. Many want a truck repair day and BBQ soon. The sunshine has so many jones’in to work on their trucks. Some of us after the meeting went down to Mall 205 and harassed some import tuners for awhile. The new mall looks great.

Well that’s it. It was a blast and surprising how many showed when this was like the second sunny Sunday since last year. Figured everyone was moving or mowing or working in the yard. See ya June 22nd at Stark Street. Same time same place.

Daniel /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    PNWFS4x4’s.com