Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PNWFS4x4's Meeting, BBQ, Truck Day Trip Report Sorta

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by BlueKnight, Jul 21, 2003.

1. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

PNWFS4x4\'s Meeting, BBQ, Truck Day Trip Report Sorta

Meeting # 2 July 19th 2003

The party started slowly. About 10 or so trucks showed up at the same time. I guess my Blazer stair stepping my enbankment and the sign in the grill got their attention “This is the place!”. After a dash to the cardboard door (i.e. door prize) the first 3 received custom PNWFS4x4s hats. After that we walked around back behind the shed and showed them where to park and where to bring their pot luck dish. You could never tell by looking from the road that their were nearly 20 vehicles parked in the field and at my neighbors. OK this is why we tell people we are coming and what we are bringing. We had enough potato salad to feed a 3rd world country, but no chips, or dip or anything else.. Beer yes a plenty but before I was going to crack one, I gathered what we needed so far and we took off to the nearest store which is 3 miles away. After terrifying the locals and getting some girls to come back with us from the store. We now had a decent start for a party. If you looked in my neighbors driveway it was a mix of monster trucks and the familiar term ricers. Some of the girls that showed drove them.
    After a bunch of us just stared at the volleyball net being as hot as it was, someone spotted my jet boat in the garage. They asked if it ran as good as it looked and spied the knee board. Well that didn’t take much convincing. So after leaving someone behind (he had a back injury and volunteered) We loaded up and convoyed to the river. Its only 5 minutes from my house. Well least it is when you do not have like 10 trucks with you. Putting the boat in without incident we loaded the cooler and the first load of people and went out to an area that’s like an island. Had to be careful all the snags float into this area. Dropping of about 8 and then returning with another 8 and then the 3 left. The whole time I was dropping people off my boat was hovering over a huge tree. If I had a prop it would have been ugly. Got to love a jet. After knee boarding and racing just about any boat that wanted to, we started to haul everyone back. Three ferry trips later, we loaded the boat and headed off. We noticed a couple in the line of trucks were swerving a bit. When we got to the party I stole their keys. They were cool about it. Wife stayed at home and we fired up the grill and the kids mostly played in the pool, laser tag, or some of the lawn games we had. There was a lot of people and more were showing, but also some left before the feas. We had some Gartners meat packs, bratwurst, and sausage. Boy condiments didn’t last long. Neither did the beer. I was drinking mikes mostly. Still just staring at the volleyball net no one really was um wanting to play. So I put in the VCR a surprise. About 10 of us hopped in the pool and just in it watching “Monster Garage’s Mud Bogger episode and the Rock Crawling episode” More people left and some showed up. Now fewer 4x4s’s were showing and more just people in regular cars.
    After the shows we realized I still have a ton of stuff to give away and the 100.00 frys certificate donated to us. So since noone wanted to play volleyball and the kids were playing lazer tag. We came up with an idea.Lets have our tug of war with the trucks. We did a test run of it with . Hooking each truck end to end and mashing the goofy pedal. I was shredding and gaining ground but stopped when we noticed we were destroying the drive way. This wasn’t going to work. We would have a crater by the time we were done. So we noticed about 7 of the trucks and jeeps had winch’s. This was about the same amount of people that were going to tug of war. Lets have a winching contest. One of the cars has a baby stinger on it so we looped a pull strap through it and set it up to pull backwards. My neighbors driveway is long and straight and their is a bit of an incline at the top of it. The contest was simple. Someone keep the car straight and use no brakes. Who ever could pull it past the line drawn on the road the fastest from point A to B about 80’ wins. If I win, I will draw a name out of a hat randomly and that person will get the prize. John started it off, a new member with his jeep Honcho pickup and his ramsey 8000lb winch. His pull was pretty good but his winch started slowing way down at the hill. And after about 10 seconds into the pull he had to let it rest then start again. His pull wasn’t bad at all. Next was Jessica in her YJ. She is from Longview. She had a warn 8000 winch. After getting it all set up for a safe pull. The race was on. The little warn was doing really well no stops and so far she has the best time. She only paused once. Jase with his Bronco and a 12,000 lb warn winch on it. I had to look twice at this black bronco because it was just like a friend of mines who died awhile ago. Jase started his pull but the ladies had an alliance against the guys there like 2 to 1 against the men there and their were two ladies vehicles competing in the pull. So just when we thought had the pull in the bag without stops. One of the girls just pulls her top off flashing him. He stopped his winch and just studdered enough to be edged out by Jessica about three seconds. In between each run we let the contestant spool their winch cable so it was round correctly. Who knows when the next time you will be able to use your winch. Mike pulled his pavement pounder ford f350 super duty with some 38” parnelli jones and ith his warn 9500 gave it a go. The 9500 wasn’t to bad really nearly matched the times of the 12,000 warn. I think he had a wiring problem of the alternator wasn’t keeping up or something because half way through the pull the winch was working really hard to pull and just about gave out at the end. The winch was really hot. I figured I didn’t have a chance. But I was next. Pulled up staged and was given the go ahead. Flag down I hit the button and the winch just flew. It was pulling the car effortlessly. The pull was looking like a winner. Just then the girls tried their diversion technique again. I just looked down trying not to stare and finished the pull. So far mine was the best time. Linda was next and even with her 9000 on her Tacoma and the guys mooning her she still didn’t get the best time. Looks like I had it in the bag, until Boyd driving an old ford pickup green in color hi boy for sure. It had 36”s on it and the old faithful a warn 8274. This is the one winch that could take it all. He hooked up and started his pull. Holy crap was that winch fast. It looked like I was still ahead at mid pull but he was flyin. When he hit the incline the winch hardly new it was there. AS he passed the finish line and hopped out of his truck he had me beat by 4 seconds. Slaughtered my time. Never doubt the ole faithful. He won the gift certificate to frys. Second place was me so I drew a name and Mike won the shirt I. should say Mike # 3 as their were a bunch of Mikes there. Third was Jessica.
    We cleaned up our mess and thanked Debbie for the use of her little Honda (actually her boyfriends) and went back to partying. It was about 9:45pm when some of our close friends showed up with harder stuff (JD,Southern, Tequilla,Rum). Some people left due to travel time. We made sure they had safe drivers to get them home.
    There must have been like 70 of us and a lot of people I have no clue who they are. I think they just stopped in when they saw all the partying. My yard at midnight was full of cars and trucks. I gave up on trying to keep names. Many were new members who showed at the last meeting and some were ones I have met here locally and handed out Chris’s flyer and a few I met at precision 4 wheel drive driving by.
    We brought the party indoors after someone collapsed the pool. We watched movies. I think it was Tears of the Sun first then Fast and the Furious followed by a scary one Darkness Falls.
    About 4am we went out and set up some tents. Ever tried to set up a tent with 5 drunken people. That was hilarious. We got three tents set up. One you just throw it out and poof it opens. The other two were the stake kind. I remember going to bed at that’s it. Woke up the next day about 10am to a loud bang. Looked out the window and someone was setting off fire crackers. I couldn’t believe how many stayed the night. I thought for sure the house was going to be wrecked, but I pleasantly woke up to a clean house. Thank you Jess and Tammy for cleaning up and making B fast. They did a killer job gathering up everything. They work really late normally so there sleep cycle is off. After B fast I went outside. You know I never thought of sleeping in a sleeping bag on the bow of my boat before. Everyone slowly made there way out the door and home. Some stayed to help clean up and police the yard. Others made a bottle run and returned all the bottles. Whoo hoo 9.40 cents in cans and like 10.00 in bottles. Some were here at the house already. Tents were taken down and pool is refilling. This was a great party. Only about 10 or so stayed until Sunday evening, playing horse shoes, mostly and croquet. Still really hot so no volleyball. Thank you everyone who attended. New members, old members and non members oh yes and who just crashed it. Thank you Jess and Tammy for your cleaning efforts. Boyd thank you for hauling all the bottles to the store.
    It was a huge party and it was a lot of fun. I just wish it wasn’t so hot so we could have done more. Damn I knew we forgot something. The meeting. Oh well, we will just have it in August. So who has the digital camera so I can post some of the pics? I haven’t found it yet.

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Re: PNWFS4x4\'s Meeting, BBQ, Truck Day Trip Report Sorta

Got pics yet? That's quite a story........... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[​IMG]

4. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

I agree. Im suppose to get dupes from a couple of attenders. Only one person has a digital cam and I doubt he snapped much due to all the spirits. He says its here but I have yet to find it in the boat or tents.