Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pocono and PA Grand Canyon area camping/canoeing need info

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by Emmettology 101, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

ANyone in these areas that can recomend some good camping spots that are in the middle of nowhere and somewhat safe. Along a river would be nice. Also, what about canoeing, rafting, kayaking, etc. in the same area? I have a link for Pine Creek Outfitters and am considering them if they have enough water flow.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. Emmettology 101

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

I've been searching for the same thing. I found one area, and its right along the deleware water gap, but... its not that remote, and its too easy to get to.

What we need is the possibility of putting together a GPS waypoint of some sort. Its just that land and camp-able /4wheelable areas are decreasing. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. Emmettology 101

I had a GPS but sold it a while back. We're just going up to get away and camp.. Maybe if the rivers permit, some canoeing.... A nice relaxin weekend! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif We are planning on heading up Thursday night and satying at a cheap motel somewhere. Then early Friday morning, finding camp. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Good luck finding sites! if you do, let me know!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif