Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Poison Ivy...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by XHitman396, Dec 29, 2003.

1. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

ok, i know there are hundreds of ways that are rumored to work in the curing or reduced itching for poison ivy, and being hyperallergic to it, what do you guys KNOW that works after getting it?? cuz this crap is miserable, but its not bad enough for a steroid shot, so whatcha guys got???

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I usually just put calamine lotion or something with Benadryl to stop the itching

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

THIS WORKS!!!!!!!!!

Go to the store and buy a bar of lye soap... Maybe .29 cents... Follow my instructions carefully...

1. Get in the shower and get wet and lather up real good on all the infected parts and surrounding areas, then turn the water off. Stand there for a full 10 minutes. Lather up some more if you want but don't rinse yet...

2. After a full ten minutes of standing there cold in the shower, Start to rinse off really really wel. Rinse for at least 5 minutes. Rub and use a wash cloth during rinse.

It will stop itching within an hour and be all but gone in a few days. If you have it really really bad, repeat the process after 3 days. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I'd tell you my story but it's very embarassing. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. stuper

stuper Registered Member

theres a product called "super ivy dry". works really well. dry's off the surrounding skin and keeps it from spreading.

theo/stuper

5. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Ya... It has lye in it... LOL!