Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

POKER RUN JULY 13

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by crawlerfj40, May 24, 2002.

1. crawlerfj40

crawlerfj40 1/2 ton status

Our other club 4x4 in motion is having our yearly poker run it is a great time. It is up at the Niagra Rim above Strawberry on hwy 108. The run is on sat july 13 and starts about 8:30am and usually goes till about 3-4 pm then we put on a huge dinner and raffle. We have a winch and winch accessory bag and much more this year for the raffle. After that we have a band or music and everyone dances and parties. It's a great time and people from all over come. Last year we had about 95 vehicles come on the run. If you want any info I have registration forms and more info. Stacy-Sierra Off-Road

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Cool!!
    I sure would hate to bring my rig up there and show all thoes little heeps how a FULLSIZE does it!! hehehehLOL
    So with a run that big I would emagin it takes alot of waiting around before you can start wheelin just cuz of everyone waiting inline?? or is there more than one route? Would bee cool to see all the differnt rigs too!! and free stuff!!Hmmmmmm, I'll check with my boss(wife) to see if we have any plans.

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i have been dying to know....what the hell is a poker run??

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I think you get a card after each obstical and at the end of the run the one with the best hand wins a prize.

5. crawlerfj40

your right there are 5 check points and at each one you get a card and the best hand wins a prize. There are 4 starting points a little waiting around but everyone usually gets out at some point to watch the others. It's a great time. At least one roll over every year.Please come show us jeepers how to 4x4. lol

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

hehehe don't miss read me I am not to show you how too 4x4 I just want to show you how to doit ina fullsize!!/forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    I still have to check the calendar but will let you know..

7. CRAWLIN70

CRAWLIN70 1/2 ton status

Hey BURT if i have to i will come drag you outta the house! you have to go so you can show my dad how to do it cause he will be driving my truck...baahhhh. and i dont want him to roll it. but we will fo sho go run that trail one weekend if you dont make it up there. i wana see the 72 do the rock pile....hehehehehehe.... better have that winch ready.

jeff

8. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

hahaha...rock pile? Like a man made pile of rocks? I like to run trails that have rocks on them. Never really did a pile of rocks! Hollister has a man made rockpile I still have yet to try. I will try and make it but don't count me in yet!

9. CRAWLIN70

CRAWLIN70 1/2 ton status

**** no it is not man made thats just what they call it? dont know why but i like it...lol... they are talking about making it bigger this year.

jeff

10. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Aaahh Gotya! Cool!/forums/images/icons/cool.gif

11. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Well hell Burt if yer gonna go maybe I could make it too /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Where is it at exactly?

12. crawlerfj40

You go up hwy 108 thru sonora up past strawberry to eagle meadows and follow the signs to the camp grounds. It takes about 30 min or so from the road to get back to where we camp. If anyone wants info let me know I have registration forms with all the info on it. email me or call me 209-533-9120 Stacy Oh by the way we have full size trucks do the run up there really good usually with some body dama

13. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Body damage= /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif