Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Polar Start Help

Discussion in 'North Region' started by Chris_T, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

I've got a Polar Start car starter on my '94 daily driver. They key-fob remote has been going downhill for a long time and will no longer start the truck or unlock the doors. It was installed in Edmonton, but I've since moved to Missouri. I've searched the web, but I can't seem to find any contact info for the company, just product descriptions.

Since it is a Canadian company I was hoping someone here might be able to find me contact info for Polar Start or the name of some distributors so I can see about replacing the remote. Any one got one of these who can point me in the right direction?

Thanks .. Chris

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I found a link to a store in Edmonton called B&B Electronics- they deal in Polar Start products. I had no luck in finding out how to reach the actual manufacturer. There's a 1-800 number at the bottom of the page, where it also talks about a limited lifetime warranty on the starters. Hope this helps:

Polar Start Link

3. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Thanks, I'll give them a ring. There is a serial number inside the remote, so I'm hoping they can replace it.