Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

polaris 700 twin

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddysub, Aug 12, 2002.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

my dad just got a brand new one and OMG is it awesome!! 60mph is way too fast for a quad, but it's fun. this thing is unbelieveably powerful! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

i'm gonna try pulling my sub with it tomorrow. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

2. muddysub

Re: polaris 700 v-twin

no one else here has one? /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

3. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I used to have a Honda TRX250R.

4. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

sorry, polaris SUCK...(just my opinion of course /forums/images/icons/grin.gif )- even their snowmobiles.... we will stick with our Rubicons....The last polaris quad we had...which was nice, cept for the free-wheelin it does going down hill. It also doesnt feel as sure footed as the Rubicon does. I got nervous with the Polaris, but with all of our Honda's, I feel confident. Which may be a bad thing??? Once all the pictures get put up from UCP this weekend, you will see just how much I like mine! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

What color is it? Some guy down the road just got a yellow one, like canary yellow.

Brandy

5. muddysub

black and grey with red suspension parts. we tightened up the shocks tonight and that made a world of difference it handles like a sportscar now! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

6. muddysub

got to looking and its not a V-twin it's a slant inline 2 cyl.! how cool! who in here knows stuff about slant 6s? i know they were awesome engines and that's the design of the engine on this quad! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

7. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Never ridden the Polaris, but my Gramps just bought the Yamaha Grizzly 660. Two words BAD ASS. I read an article in one of the ATV mags awhile back where they did a shootout between the Grizzly 660, the Polaris Sportsman 700, Kawasaki Prarie 650, and the Bombadier Traxster. The Kawasaki V-twin pretty much took the show, Followed closely by the Grizzly 660 and the Polaris. The Bombadier was waaaaaaay behind..lol. In two wheel drive the Grizzly will do a frickin wheelie...I LOVE it..Thats somethin for a heavy 4x4 quad...lol....and a top speed of 67 I think. Scary fast. Now I just need to come up with $7000 so I can get my own. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. muddysub

my dad got a poster with his 700 that compared the grizzly 660 and the sportsman 700. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif it compares parts, and the 700 is way beefier! the drive shafts are almost twice as big as the 660's, the radiator is 30% bigger, the shocks are bigger diameter and length, this thing just has the competition flattened! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif at a recent local off road show, they had a pulling competition between all the top 4x4 quads. the sportsman 700 made it to 2400lbs before spinning a tire, the grizzly 660 topped out at like 1700-1800 or something like that. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif