Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pole!!! Duck!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, Mar 21, 2005.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ouch!

[​IMG]

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

That would SUCK !!!!!!

3. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

is that a caption this

some one got poled in San Fransisco

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Espicially after you get the bill for the pole in addition to the truck, hospital/ambulance, tow truck and ticket for failure to maintain control.

5. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Trail rig.

6. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's gonna hurt in the morning!:)

7. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I saw one of the very first Hyundais do that goin backwards. Took out the telephone pretty much at ground level. Don't think they made it home, ever.:frown1:

8. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i did the same thing on a guard rail.then the truck flipped. OW OW OW end to end though no cab dammage?? i'll dig out the pic. on a sad note three years ago right in front of work a company had a young guy follow a semi with a pole hanging about 15 foot off the trailer. he wasn't paying attention and hit the pole. it smashed his head off just blow his neck.right threw the back window of the truck he was driving. on the funny side, some black kid was swerving through traffic in his grandpas lincoln. as he jumped into the right lane he hit a truck hauling cylinders for welding. the guy was lowering the hydaulic lift gate and it cut most of the roof of the car.a friend of mine in the fire dept. said they took there time getting there cuz they thought he was dead. no lights or sirens. when they started looking at the wreck they saw him laying on the floor with eyes as big as soft balls.:haha: :haha:

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Insurance covers the pole :D Guess how I know. I did a very similar thing in my dad's 02 F250(in 03 right after he bought it, doh). Except I hit with the driverside front and pivoted on it. If you've never seen a long bed extended cab do a donut its an amazing thing... Especially doing it without hitting any of the cars that are surrounding you. The pole went across the hood from the driver side and crushed the cab on the passenger side. Not fun. Mine was just a wooden pole, nothing fancy like that.

Oh by the way, the Posi in a brand new Ford is pretty tight... watch it when you jump on it in the rain.

10. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

there are ways around the pole charge.

I know a guy that avoided a deer, and lost it in the rain, and hit a pole. About 2 or 3 months later he got a bill for the pole. So he called up the city & asked when he could expect to recieve the pole he had bought .. and they dropped it.

I thought that was pretty funny.

11. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's funny. I would love to have heard that conversation.

12. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

My insurance paid for the aluminum lightpole I took out one night when I was young & foolish. That was the night I learned the hard way that front-wheel-drive cars CAN, in fact, be slid sideways in the snow (contrary to what I thought I knew).
    That was 13 years ago, and I still say "There's my light pole" when I drive by it...

13. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

2 years ago for me now and I still point out "my pole". When I got the bill for my pole(just insurance informing I had like a $50 fee or whatever, I asked where my pole was. My mom refused to let me ask the insurance man. The pole I hit was rotten too. A focus hitting it at 5 mph would have knocked it over. My dad said that at the scene too. "Look the damn thing is rotten through and through!" Neighbors said the pole hadn't been replaced in as long as they can remember. So I did a service... HA

14. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

My sister has "her tree" now whenever I drive by it and shes with me, hehe...if your wondering the big old oak beat the 98 Le Sabre